Saturday, June 03, 2006

Butterfly-God's love letter

Hello everyone!

So....last OCTOBER, I was walking out my front door and noticed this rather striking, large caterpillar like none I had ever seen. We brought it in to observe, you know for fun. We brought a twig in with leaves to see what he eats. He immediately began attatching himself to the twig and completely pupated within 48 hours! We are a homeschooling family, so I thought, "Wow, God! Thanks for the science experiment!" We did some research and decided he would be a swallow tail butterfly. He sat in our window sill in the jar for 8 MONTHS! We were wondering really, if he was just dead.

On Thursday of this week, he popped out. His wings dried for an hour and a half and off he flew. It was amazing and truly an awsome experience! It was so totally cool, I am still flying! We got him in october, before any of this weight loss journey began. And here he is after six weeks of prism! (Those on PRISM will understand why this is so significant). I am blushing. Just feeling like I received God's love letter to me (He knew what would be going on in my life).
Just had to share!
SueAnne

4 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Beautiful! So glad you didn't toss him. Ha!

Jules

Bickler3 said...

WOW !! How cool!! You probably all know this but I heard it along time ago and it has always stuck with me.....that butterfly had to fight and struggle to get out of that cacoon....someone might feel sorry for him and help him out...but if you do he will never get strong enough to fly and the butterfly will die....God made it so that struggle made it possible for the butterfly to fly...sometimes we have to struggle out of situations in order to be strong enough to fly...struggles are not always a bad thing..not sun while we are going through them ..but necessary to do what God created us to do!!

Chickadeeva said...

I've never heard that Sundee.
I am glad I can fly.

Kristina said...

It's cool how God works, isn't it? Thanks for sharing your story. : )

Kristina