Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My Dad's Passing

Hi Everyone,
You may have been wondering why I haven't posted in a couple weeks. I got a phone call last Monday from my sister at 5:30AM telling me that my dad had died. This was such a shock as it was totally unexpected. We drove to So. Ca on Tue-Wed and the Memorial was Friday. We ate out most of the time but I tried to be good and watch what I was eating and how much. The scale looks to be about where it was when I left...that is a good thing. I'll know tomorrow at weigh in. I started, on top of that, so who knows. My snacks on the trip were carrots, apples, and water. So........good thoughts for tomorrow. I'll be posting.

10 comments:

Pink Slippers said...

Oh Debbie, I am so sorry to hear of your fathers passing. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please, if you would like, share some special memories about him with us....
Tina

Paige said...

Oh Debbie, I'm so sorry. That's very sad.
Please feel free to vent or cry here, even if it's not at all related to food.

Good for you for doing as well as you did eating.

Amy Witt said...

I will be and am praying for you and your family. The loss of a parent is a tough thing.

Kristina said...

I am so sorry Debbie to hear that your dad had died. I don't really know you, but when I read your post, I cried a little bit for you and your family.
I will pray that the Lord will comfort you, as only He can.

Kristina

Lisa said...

Debbie,

If only words and people who wish you well could provide some consolation...but I realize there is precious little comfort we can bring you.

You and your family are in my prayers, as well as everyone else's.

Chickadeeva said...

That's awful. How difficult is that? I know that death is a real hard subject for me, so I don't know what to say except that my heart is with you.

~Jennifer said...

I'm sorry, Debbie. Take extra good care of yourself in the days to come.

SueAnne said...

Debbie,
May your season of grief not be a spirit of grief. I am so sorry to hear of your dad's passing.
SueAnne

Jenny V said...

Debbie-
I am sorry about your fathers passing. I know that unexpected death of a loved one is like a punch in the gut. I also know that you spend time wondering what the last thing was you said to him or the last time you said you loved him. I did that with my brother. I also put on 25 pounds in the two years after my brothers death. I am so proud of you for thinking about your weight and making good food choices during this tough time. Keep up the good work and feel free to call or post more about your dad if you need to.
Best wishes-
Jenny

Mom2the6Rs said...

Debbie, I love you....I am so sorry for your loss.

Jules