Saturday, June 10, 2006

Week 3 check in

Hey there ladies. I am checking in for my weekly update. I must admit that I wasn't sure I was going to weigh myself this week. I started my cycle the day before I weigh and I was just thinking about how upset I would be if the scale hadn't moved or if it had moved in the wrong direction. Well I woke up Friday morning and was feeling a little bit daring. I jumped on the scales and what do you know- I am down 1.8 pounds for the week. Total loss is 5.4 pounds in 3 weeks. I am loving this. I monitored my PMS food cravings this week and noticed that I desired chocolate one evening and butter on another night. Well I had some flex points and I went ahead and allowed myself an English muffin with butter and 1/2 cup chocolate soy ice cream. (not on the same night of course!) I love that I can go with the flow and still stay on this program.

After doing this for 3 weeks I have noticed some things about myself that I thought I would share.
  • I like journaling my food. It allows me to stay honest with myself and to see if I have gotten enough veggies.
  • I am much more aware of my body and when it is full or satisfied. I haven't left the table with a stuffed feeling at all. I hear my body say, "I am full" and I stop right there. I like that!
  • My emotional PMS symptoms were almost non-existent this cycle.

Some other not so good things I have observed are that I get hungry and don't have quick snacks on hand. Then I get grumpy, really grumpy! I also have been getting really bored with water. REALLY bored with water. I have taken a number of nutritional classes and I have always been anti-artificial sweetener. I have always felt that it is better to just drink the sugar and not the chemical stuff. Well...... in the last two weeks I think I have had about 5 artificially sweetened beverages! YIKES! I see a new habit forming. Perhaps I need to look into that flavored water that doesn't have calories in it. Or perhaps I need to drink the stuff with sugar in it and just have 1/2 a glass. Maybe the artificial stuff isn't a big deal but I do feel like I am going against my own boundaries when I drink it. I also have yet to get to the gym on a regular basis. There are a lot of excuses... you know the kids, our schedules, end of the school year stuff.... but really none of them are good enough excuses! Overall I am thrilled with my progress. I am down 5 pounds and next week I will take measurements to go along with my 4th week weigh in. Thanks for being here to cheer me on. Oh and Kristina could you move my ticker please? ( I just love saying that!!!)

Jenny

2 comments:

~Jennifer said...

Would it help to add lemon slices to your water and drink it in a really pretty glass, like a crystal tumbler or a wine glass. It's a bit of a mind game, but those work for me. ;-)

I really need to start journaling about what I'm eating too. Are you doing it on the computer or do you have a notebook?

Mom2the6Rs said...

You rock, babe! Kristina is out for the day for her birthday, but I will leave the honors to here about your ticker. She just loves to help in this way!

Jules