Monday, June 12, 2006

Checking in

Hello everyone,
This week has been a tough one for me. I haven't stuck to my eating plan at all. Too much going on! My son graduates this Saturday, after all the festivities are over I will be able (I'm hoping) to focus finally on me a bit and get recentered on my goals. I do have some good news. I received my tests back from the doctor and I don't have diabetes, hypoglycemia or high blood pressure. Which is a great relief to me. All the negative symptoms I was experiencing was most likely due to high stress. I go in the first week of July to have my cholesterol checked. It is my goal to lose 7 lbs by that time (putting me at 220lbs). After my mother's stroke at such a young age, it really made me even more concerned with my weight and the effect it could have on my health.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Kimi, I'm glad to hear the good report from the doctor. But how is your stress level now?
I think that losing 7 pounds by July is a good and realistic goal.
Hey, we are planning on coming to Phil's graduation party, just to let ya know. Sorry I didn't call like everyone else. : )

Kristina

Mom2the6Rs said...

So good to hear from you Kimiko! I know you will be ready to meet this all head on. And just think of the great time of year you are heading into, summer! Lots of fresh fruit, water with lemon in it, sipping on the porch after a nice evening walk after dinner, just you and your man, hand in hand....a little summer romance going on...you are going to lose that weight, girl! I believe in you.

Jules