Monday, June 05, 2006

Back with a vengeance!

So! This is the end of my first week. I weighed myself, and measured myself today. The inches were pretty much the same, but I was down FOUR pounds!! That was a great start for me. I don't expect to lose that much every week, but I'm happy for it.

Some ups from this week:
~Going to Japanese and getting teriyaki chicken instead of tempura, which I love.
~Walking with a friend to Dairy Queen and not getting anything.
~Finding that a salad for lunch, with fruit and veggies as afternoon and morning snacks actually does satisfy me.
~Losing FOUR pounds!!
~Exercising four times this week.
~Actually staying on track ALL weekend. A miracle for me.

Some of the tougher parts:
~Headaches the first few days. I joked that my body was detoxing from all the junk I've been putting in for six or so weeks.
~Dealing with hunger, especially before dinner. But willpower has arrived and I've done pretty good.
~Um, saying no to tempura. I highlight at the end, but was hard at the time.

I'm thrilled. I feel healthy and like I'm actually taking care of myself. I think my mini-goal to lose 20 pounds by the end of August is doable, if I keep it up. I already talked to the friend who's house I'm going to this weekend about how I'm eating!

Some numbers for you:

Tuesday 5/30 (day 1): weight 211.6; 1465 calories; 10 glasses water
Wednesday 5/31: 1202 calories; 11 glasses water; 40 minute Firm workout
Thursday 6/1: 1267 calories; 11 glasses water; 35 minute Firm workout
Friday 6/2: 1402 calories; 11 glasses water; 60 minute Firm workout
Saturday 6/3: 1429 calories; 9 glasses water; no workout
Sunday 6/4; 1303 calories; 9 glasses water; cleaned apartment (a workout for me!)
Monday 6/5: weight 207.4 (down FOUR), 11 glasses water. ?? calories- day's not over yet!
There we are!!!

5 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Wow. Good going GIRL!

I am proud of you for resisting Tempura - I think its yummy too - and you COULD sort of say, "Well, it is VEGGIES?" but that'd be like the Chocolate Covered Bananna incident...

Good job, and way to set yourself up for success by preparing your friend for your new dietary requirements :-)

Lisa said...

Paige,

That is AMAZING!!! I know that this is a struggle for you, but I'm thrilled that you did so well this week!

It's so much easier to stay on track when the scales are cooperating. WAY TO GO!!

Lisa

Mom2the6Rs said...

Paige...Look how honest and thorough you are being with us and with yourself! In all the time you have been apart of this blog, I don't think I have ever seen you post actual calories consumed! Way to go! You are looking like Kristina, now. And you know what she has accopmplished! Be proud of your big win for the week and remind yourself that if you can do it one day, one week, you can do it every day and every week! We believe in you, girl! WhooHoo!

You will be out of the 200's soon!

Jules

Kristina said...

Paige, I'm SOOO proud of you girl!!
I went ahead and made you a ticker... if you want to change it, all you have to do is click on it and put in the info. Or I could do it , if you like. I really don't mind. : )

Kristina

Pink Slippers said...

Oh Paige, I feel a dance comin' on for you too! I can relate to how hard the struggle can be and how great it feels to make some of these goals. Thank you for sharing your success..the excitement is contagious!