Monday, June 05, 2006

Hi, again...

Hi ladies, Sorry it has been so long since I had posted. I have been around...just posting in the comments. I did not really have much to post about. So I decided to take a little break. After some thought I decided to change my plan for weight loss. What I was doing was not working. I had lost 35 pounds with weight watchers about 4 years ago and had gained back about 12 pounds. I knew I wanted to stop that upward trend before it got out of hand. So I have been working very hard for the last year or so to take it off, using the same methods I had done before. I was seeing little to no success. I realized I was at times eating about 1000 calories a day with no results. I talked with our trusty Miss Julie Paine and she said perhaps I was not eating enough..hmmm...interesting. I gave this some thought, started doing a bit of research about metabolism and decided it was time for a change. I read that if your metabolism slows, and it can do that from constant dieting and limiting calories, what often works is increasing meals per day. So, I started looking into programs that offered that. I chose Eating for Life through Ediets.com, it radically changed my eating patterns. I am a carbo junkie, not just sugars either, I love brown rice, whole wheat pastas all the good stuff too, just too much of it (and I am not a big fan of meat proteins). On EFL you eat a 40/30/30 (or so) ratio of proteins fats and carbs. Just what I needed, 6 meals a day, broken up into a better ratio for me. Not to mention it fits me better in the fact that I have high blood sugar levels, not diabetic, but needing to be watched. So my first week I was down 4 pounds, I could not believe it, so I decided to wait a week and see what happened. I was down another 1.5 pounds. I am very pleased. I feel great, I have increased my workouts according to the plan, eat my six balanced meals per day and one day a week I have a free day, I eat whatever I want in whatever combination I want. And that day alone helps me make it through some of my tough days during these past couple of weeks. When I am really craving something, I just remind myself, I can eat that on my free day. And it really works. And then of course by my free day, I don't care or even remember what it was I wanted so badly! So far so good, I will keep you all posted as to how it goes. I hope this might work to get the rest of my weight off, I only have 8.5 pounds to go.....
Thanks ladies for still being here even when I was not active...
Tina

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Hello Tina, so glad to see you posting again. : ) I'm glad that you've found a plan that is doable for you. Everyone is different. I know for myself, eating more meals/snacks in smaller portions during the day is probably a main reason that I've lost so much. It keeps my metabolism boosted. That, and the excersize.
Anyhow, congrats on the recent weight loss. Isn't it amazing how just a few pounds can totally change your mind set?

Kristina

Mom2the6Rs said...

I think this blog is filled with the most intelligent women on the planet! You went and figured it out, girl! You are brilliant. I am proud to know ya.

PS Glad you posted this week.
Jules

Debbie said...

Hey, Tina, that's great. I was also not eating enough and was on a plateau for months. I'm glad you're finding something that fits you and I know you'll be successful.