Monday, June 26, 2006

Today's victory...

I am determined to take one day at a time in my weight loss journey. Today was the first day back on my eating plan since March. I did good job staying with in the perimeter of my eating plan. So I am proud of myself. Dinner time is always the hardest for me. I wasn't even tempted this time. I simply made two separate dinners, one for me and one for my family. I figure that this time around, if I am going to persevere to the end of my goal, I will need to journal more to give myself some kind of accountability. The eating plan that I am on doesn't focus on calories but rather the right foods for my body type and portion sizes. So here it is:
Breakfast:
1/2 cup of egg whites
1/2 cup of grapefruit
coffee w/ splenda
20 oz water

am snack:
3 oz of tuna (1/2 can)
1/2 cup of grapefruit
20 oz water

lunch:
garden salad w/ teaspoon of horshradish and water for dressing
piece of white fish
1 rice cake
20 oz water

afternoon snack
3 oz of tuna
1/2 cup of grapefruit
20 oz water

Dinner:
steamed thin sliced turkey breast w/ veggies
1/2 cup of rice
20 oz water

pm snack
thin sliced turkey breast 3 oz
1/2 cup of grapefruit

3 comments:

Kristina said...

Oh my heck! That is an awful lot of tuna, grapefruit, and water. Is this a typical day for you on your plan? And is this just a temporary phase? Because honey, that is extremely restrictive. Have you done much research on other eating plans? The prism plan is my guide, however, I am not as rigid with it as I was in the beginning. Now that I've done it for almost exactly six months. My water intake and excercise schedule are unfaltering though. And with me building more muscle, I burn more calories daily. And I still journal. I need to journal, otherwise I eat more than I should.
I'm sorry, I don't want to discourage you. I'm very proud of you. To start up again is a difficult thing. I just want to see you succeed, and not fall short because the plan was too tough.

Chickadeeva said...

Wow Kimi! That's great that you are on a plan that is made to fit your body type. It amazes me how many different things there are out there to try!

It does sound strignent, but I'm sure that its a step towards healthy!

SueAnne said...

You go girlfriend. I am pulling and praying for you. It does sound stressful to have to cook two meals though. I have to do that occasionally, but definately not regularly. Love you!
SueAnne