Tuesday, June 20, 2006

For those who asked....


(I took this picture at the Seattle Arboretum, so pretty there and lots of walking trails, great place to get some outdoor exercise and it's free!)

Hi all,
Here is a little info on the Eating for Life program (EFL). You eat 6 meals per day, breakfast: mid morning meal: Lunch: Midafternoon meal: Dinner: Dessert.You always eat a portion of protein a portion of carbs and you eat a vegetable with at least two of your meals each day (and many of my carbs come from fruit, by choice). Currently, I am eating about 200 calories for all my meals except dinner, which is more like 350. You get one free day per week where you can eat whatever you want to. And that one day alone helps me through some of the toughest moments. I just look at whatever my craving is and think...only ____ days until I can eat that if I want to. The beauty of it is, usually by the time that day gets here, I don't want it anymore. But the promise of being able to if I want helps me beat those tough times. I started the program through Ediets.com, they give you an entire meal plan, recipes, grocery shopping lists, nutritionists you can call and talk to, support groups online, and all kinds of tools on their website. If anyone decides to join, go in first and put in your information (don't join, just give them your email), then wait about a week and they will send you an invite to join for cheaper than the listed price on the website. I joined for $2.99 per week for 12 weeks (total of $35.88 for 3 months, what a bargain!) You weigh in weekly and input that information, they then modify the plan if needed. The other bonus of this particular site is that if you don't like the plan you are on, you can change between all their plans whenever you want to. I did not sign up for this, but they also have workout plans you can join as well. I am already a workout junky so I don't need help in this area. I think that should bout do it, any questions??
Tina

1 comment:

~Jennifer said...

That sounds really good. I can see how looking forward to the free day would help get you over some of the bumps in the road.