Friday, June 16, 2006

I'm having a REALLY hard time!

I started my cycle a couple of days ago, and I have been a total you know what ever since. Or at least I feel like I have been. Yesterday, for half of the day, all I felt like doing was crying... for no apparent reason. I feel as though I've lost my mind! And I've exceeded my calories for the last three days in a row. All I want to do is eat. At least my choices have been healthy, for the most part. But I just feel angry. Angry that I can't eat the foods that I am craving to eat. Angry that I let myself get grossly obese in the first place. Just angry. I know a lot of it is my horomones. And part of it is that I'm a perfectionist. I'm trying to get my house and yard done for my four year old's birthday party tomorrow. And life with small children does not a clean house allow. I wish I could be more layed back about things. But then I suppose I wouldn't be the same person anymore.

Day 152: 1,769 calories, 8 glasses of water, workout

Day 153: (Baby's birthday, no journaling) workout

Day 154: (My birthday! No Journaling)

Day 155: 1,509 calories, 10 glasses of water, workout

Day 156: 1,759 calories, 10 glasses of water, workout

Day 157: 1,764 calories, 14 glasses of water

Day 158: 1,754 calories, 10 glasses of water, workout

7 comments:

Paige said...

Kristina,
EVERYONE has times where they feel like that. Feel like crying for no reason. Spend half the day crying for no reason. Want to eat everything in sight- because eating is an old coping mechanism and seems like an easy place to go when we're upset and don't have a good reason WHY.
Also, last time I lost weight, I lost 35 pounds and hit a wall. A brick wall called "poor me". Poor me, I can't eat what I want. Poor me I have to journal my food and count points (this was when I did WW). etc etc.
What I didn't do, and wish I had done, was push through it. Push through the frustration, and the need to be perfect, and get through the bad days knowing that there will be good ones on the other side.
This IS a long and hard journey. But you can do this. You have done amazing so far- take that with you on the bad days, and know that good days will come again.
We love you, even those of us that have not met you.
~Paige

Mom2the6Rs said...

Honey, honey, honey! I am so sorry you are having a rough time of it! It is probably the after birthday blues, too. I will pray for you today. Love you. I believe in you.


Jules

Chickadeeva said...

Wow - Kris IS HUMAN!

LOL - I'm only joking. Kris, your standards are so high that if you fail them you're still FAR above the average Jill.

You are an amazing woman - you accomplish so much - and you should cut yourself a wee break.

Once you are thru the break - then get back to it - :-) You've got a bit further to go.

Don't let anyone steal your accomplishment/joy - even YOU :-)

Amy Witt said...

Sometimes you just gotta say WTFlip and eat something that you crave. Keep hanging in there. THose nasty harmones make us do crazy things like have babies, eat chocolate, run outside naked (0pps maybe that is just me) but this too shall pass. Make sure you are taking your vitamins and eating enought protein. Enjoy some sweet fruit. Have a long bath. Call in the reinforcements (grandparents, friends, anyone) to watch the kids for a few minutes, hours, days. And remember....Four year olds love whatever you do and however it turns out they won't know the difference and they won't even remember it. It is all about the experience.I love you girl and will be praying for you this weekend.

Amy Witt said...

Sometimes you just gotta say WTFlip and eat something that you crave. Keep hanging in there. THose nasty harmones make us do crazy things like have babies, eat chocolate, run outside naked (0pps maybe that is just me) but this too shall pass. Make sure you are taking your vitamins and eating enought protein. Enjoy some sweet fruit. Have a long bath. Call in the reinforcements (grandparents, friends, anyone) to watch the kids for a few minutes, hours, days. And remember....Four year olds love whatever you do and however it turns out they won't know the difference and they won't even remember it. It is all about the experience.I love you girl and will be praying for you this weekend.

SueAnne said...

Kristina,
Are your cycles always this difficult? I mean I know they are hard, but are they THIS hard? Just thinking....your body is probably having some physical effects from the sugar overload last weekend. Add PMS (the emothional) on top of that and it makes for a deadly combination.
Ride it out. You can do it! Monday will be a new day! Really. This is nothing more than a slight set back and you can be up and running in no time. Just resist the voice that tells you you might as well give up, because it is a LIEING voice!
SueAnne

Kristina said...

Thanks for all of the support ladies. Heaven knows, I needed it.
Elicia, I have gone ahead and cut myself a wee break. It's kinda nice to not be quite as uptight.