Wednesday, June 14, 2006

"Trumpets playing"


Trumpet Fanfare playing. DOOT DO DA DOO....I went to my meeting last night and weighted in. I lost 2.2 pounds ON VACATION none the less. The planning paid off and the results were just what I had hoped for. We did tons of walking. I took the pedometer and clocked 5.5 miles at Disneyland.

The goal is to keep up the walking this summer in the evening when it cools off to 90 instead of 100. The boys and I swim everyday also and this helps with the exercise. With all the gorgeous summer fruits and veggies in season, the eating is good. Made gumbo last night with homegrown okra (a friend's not mine), onions, turkey sausage, shrimp and fresh tomato. It was yummy.

Bought a microwave rice cooker at the "Big Blue Box" today. I am hoping it will allow me to cook my brown rice without heating up the kitchen. I'll let you know if it works.

On another note-I can not tell you how much this blog has helped me keep on track. Kristina, Jules, Lisa, Chicka, SueAnne, Paige, et al : even if we never meet this side of heaven, you ladies are truly my friends and my inspiration. I count it all joy to know you and to be traveling this journey together.

5 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Amy, so happy for your weight loss. It just spells, "faithfulness". It is amazing, how simple this journey really is...it all amounts to faithfulness.

Your Welcome for the support. Glad to give it. I need it too.

Jules

Lisa said...

Amy, I'm so proud of you! Way to plan!

As for "not meeting this side of heaven," we can fix that! As the Texas chapter of WAIWMIWLI, at some point we should have lunch sometime. I can find my way up to Collin County any time you have a free hour or so! (We can't let the WA people have all the fun now) :)

Kristina said...

Amy, that is amazing that you lost weight on VACATION!! I think that is nearly impossible. I'm so proud of you!
I'm so glad that you're a part of this blog. We all are able to really help each other out. Lord only knows, that we need it. : )

Kristina

Paige said...

Amy, you rock!! Losing 2.2 pounds on vacation, that's AWESOME!!!

I love the support here too. It's so wonderful... I'm so glad you're here.

SueAnne said...

Amy! You lost weight on vacation! That is so awsome! That feels good from here. Congratulations!
SueAnne