Saturday, July 01, 2006

Down another 1.6!

I actually lost some more weight. I'm up to 63.6 pounds now. I keep expecting to gain, or at least stay at the same place. Even though I'm still working out five days and eating well, I don't know, I just don't fully expect to keep losing. Even though that is my aim. It's like, you set this enormous goal, and you hope to attain it. I still can't believe that this plan is working so effectively. I'm feeling so great. But it's a little weird too. I'm getting a lot more attention from men, like when I was younger. It's been so long since the opposite sex has paid me any mind,( Except for my hubby, of course). I'm trying to sort through the feelings. Naturally, I enjoy feeling attractive, but then you get the gawkers, and I don't like that... I REALLY don't like that. I had some real issues with men before I was married. I've had to deal with a whole range of emotions. And now, it's like some old things,(attitudes) are resurfacing.
Well, that about ties up my time on the counceling couch this morning. Now you know me just a little bit better. I hope you don't think that I am pridefull, or, well, I don't know. I just feel like I really put myself out there today.

4 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

I wondered when this subject would come up.

I have the scientific hip/waist ratio, you know, the one that is supposed to be the most physiologically attractive to men?

I had lots of issues with men before I moved to France and learned to handle this type of attention gracefully.

Before long, the ideas of modesty and when to "flaunt it if you've got it" will appear...YOu'll be such a hot momma you'll have to make decisions about who you're dressing for.

So....Get used to it honey, and learn this phrase: "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful"

Mom2the6Rs said...

Kristina, this is such an honest post, good for you! Thanks for opening up yourself to the group.

I really believe that one of the main reasons women allow themselves to be "insulated" with a layer of fat is to insulate themselves from men and their advances. Once living a healthier lifestyle, you are forced to once again, confront an emotional issue that you may or may not have consciencely known you were dealing with in the past. Oh, goody! Not! Not only do we eat out of emotion, but we may eat out of the desire to isolate ourselves from the male population. I think you will discover, as you have been discovering with your emotional responses, that you will develop some much healthier ways of dealing with the male attraction issue. You are a much more secure person now, than you were in the past, and you know you have a husband who cherishes you, no matter what size you are. Use those two facts as your foundation and you will do fine.

Good for you on the weight loss, chick. Keep up doing all you are doing. You have definitely figured this weight loss thing out!

Jules

Jules

Lisa said...

Kristina,

That has always been one of the things that unnerves me, too. Some attention from guys is okay - if someone looks at me and smiles and that's as far as it goes, fine. But most guys take it further.

I have a withering look, part "you're ticking me off," part "you've got to be kidding, right," part "you should leave now." It's a little cold, but it tends to work. They'll get the hint.

You have worked so hard to please YOURSELF! Don't let anyone's reaction take away from that.

SueAnne said...

Your new body is burning more calories and FAT girl! You ARE the incredible shrinking woman. Can you talk to your husband about your delimma?
SueAnne