Friday, July 28, 2006

I'm Alive!!!

Hey all-
It has been awhile since I last posted. I am three weeks behind if I remember correctly. YIKES! Okay the first week I lost .6 pounds. That really depressed me until Julie reminded me that was over two sticks of butter. Yeah me! Thanks Julie. The following week I lost another .6 pounds. I remembered Julies point of view and went about my day with a smile. Then a shift took place....

My in-laws took the kids for a few days and my hubby and I decided to celebrate. We went to the movies and yes I ate the popcorn! UGH!! We also indulged in a cookie and a few latte's as well. That was nothing compared to what I ate when we went to Spokane to pick the kids up. A few cookies and a smore where some of the not so great choices I made. I did however make it a point to swim a lot to burn up some of the extra calories I was eating. This week I gained .8 pounds. I am not that surprised actually. I guess I expected it.

there is a good part to this story. I took my measurements a week ago and I have lost another inch off of my waist and hips. I also have taken a moment to re-evaluate what I am trying to do and how I am doing it. For the first few weeks of this program I surrendered my ideas to the program and just followed it. Well I got results and so it was pretty easy to stick to the program. I did however leave a portion of myself behind. I don't do artificial sweeteners. I just don't. But lately......I have been. It has bothered me but I could justify it because it works in my weightloss program. The same goes for latte's or chocolate pudding. I can eat anything even if it isn't good for me as long as I count the points. This has led to some self indulgence and a lack of self discipline. Now I still count the points, which is disciplined but I am not eating the foods that will feed my body for a lifetime. With my current backslide of .8 pounds I have found my "why" once again. Why I am doing this and what it means to me. I have also found my "who"
Who I am and what I want to put into my body. I So I am actually thankful for the gain as it has caused me to redirect my actions and re-evaluate my goals.

Here is the skinny-

I will exercise 3 times per week (even if I can't get to the gym I can still exercise)
I will not drink artificially sweetened beverages
I will limit my latte' experience to once a week
I can have a small dessert once a week
I will drink 8 glasses of water a day.

These are habits that I need to lead a healthy life, which is more important to me than a skinny life. If I get skinny using other habits I won't be happy. If I am fat using these habits then something is wrong- So I am moving onward.

I will post on next Friday. My next goal is to hit the 130's-

Jenny

2 comments:

Pink Slippers said...

Glad you are finding your way....good to see you posting again. Eating and exercising for our health is so important! Who wants to get all skinny and sickly? Good job Jenny!

kimiko said...

Jenny,
What a great attitude! You've embraced your successes and have taken a good look at what you need to change for you. I am going to try to keep the same kind of mindset as I begin my first 6 weeks on prism.