Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Back on that Horse


I'm not an excerciser. I don't run. I'm not signed up at a gym, or the YMCA. I'm not even all that athletic. So, when it came to figuring out how I was going to get in my 20 minutes 3x a week, I was stumped.

The answer came by finding an activity I actually enjoy, and doing that. Its not working out then, its doing something I enjoy and OH! Joy! I actually get a work out at the same time!

I've added surfing excercises to my night time regime (girly push ups and stuff) so that when I go to Hawaii again in a month, I'll be able to have more endurance. Its pretty hard to paddle out.

So - I am posting this because I am reporting I have ridden twice so far in the past seven days and I plan to get my hiney up again once this week at least. Gotta get back on that horse after a month long hiatius.

4 comments:

Paige said...

Gosh, I used to LOVE horseback riding, I think that's a great activity!! How are you riding (like, taking lessons, or you have a horse?)

Good for you for the creative exercises!

Chickadeeva said...

Paige, I earned the 'right' to ride this horse three times a week and get a lesson (in dressage) once a week. I earned it by working 4 days a week for about one year (not solid, but pretty much) at a local barn. The barn specializes in Three Day Eventing, jumping and dressage. Very cool. I love it and my legs and butt look so much better :-)

Mom2the6Rs said...

You are blessed! I would take "Bullet" over the eliptical machine any day!

Jules

Kristina said...

Way to get back in the saddle, girlfriend!

Yee- Ha!!