Sunday, July 09, 2006

Starting Over

I have officially stalled. I have gained and lost, gained and lost, gained and lost the same 2 pounds for about a month now and my motivation is at an all-time low.

So I'm starting over.

I'm one of those people who has to be able to see how far they've come, who as a point of pride have to show real progress. Once I have done that, however, motivation kind of falls apart. So I'm resetting my ticker and my butter-stick count as of today. Hopefully this will kick me back into gear.

I'm sorry I haven't posted for awhile, but things have been a little crazy. My office is moving downtown (and if you've ever moved a law office, you know just how many boxes and files you have to go through before you can move). But my reward is next month I'm going to spend some time in Guatemala - I'd like to be in the position where I won't be worried so much about counting calories of the local fare while I'm there, mostly because I'm not sure I can!

Much love to you all,
Lisa

7 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Lisa -this is an excellent way to re-tackle your goals. Knowing where you fell off the wagon helps, but sometimes beating yourself up over a stall turns into a stop. Using 'stall' over 'stop' is itself an excellent motivator (word-wise) because it implies the motor still has the ability to go.

You will GO! I think rebooting your metabolic engine is a great way to re-start - GOOD JOB!

Mom2the6Rs said...

Oh, Lisa...You sound both discouraged and determined, I guess those are the two emotions that allow a person to really change. I love your honesty with yourself. I just hope that you are not "punishing" yourself by starting over, erasing the victories of the past few months. If you do start fresh, just don't steal away from yourself the pounds and accoumplishemnts you have already attained. Okay?

Proud of you! (POY!)
Jules

SueAnne said...

Keep it up friend. I think 'stall' is a good word too. STOP is another word for DEFEAT! I have stalled as well. I can really relate. I am with Jules though. Don't punish yourself, but do what you must to boost your motivation to stick it out:) NEVER GIVE UP!
SueAnne

Kristina said...

Lisa, try not to be too discouraged. People that are more slender, tend to have a more difficult time with the remaining pounds. Keep pressing forward. I KNOW that you can get to your goal. Just get our eyes on the prize. I have faith in you!

Kristina

Lisa said...

You guys are so wonderful! Jules, to put your mind at rest I am not discounting the victories I've had so far. But after almost a month at the same place (and involving both a lot of bad choices and a lot of good ones) some of the new has worn off. I feel that this is a good place to jump right on in as a starting point on a second road. But I won't forget that I made it down the first one!

Paige said...

Lisa,
Good for you for gearing back up. Plateaus are the WORST- but you can do this. You will!
Good luck and we're here for you!

Debbie said...

I like you're idea of a fresh start. I know it will work! Keep up the positive attitude, that's the key.
Deb