Thursday, July 06, 2006

Building a patio was the key

This week I weighed in 1.6lbs lighter and I think the genie in the bottle was building a new patio for a seating area with a firebowl. (I'll post a picture when the rain stops) I'm almost down to my lowest loss!!! Another pound and I'll be under. I can't believe it. I had gained almost 10lbs in a teeter-totter of gains and losses over the last 2 years and struggled with a plateau for the last year. I really want to see this over, but 'me body' is just too used to the reduce calories and the gym workouts. I'm going to have to continue shaking things up. I finished with the yard (sigh) and there's no more totin barges and liftin bales. HELP! I may have to add a day or two to my spinning class and walk on my weight lifting days. Boy, I hope it isn't going to take all that to maintain, once I get there. I know I will continue to eat right and exercise, but I hope I don't have to kill myself.

3 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

What is a spinning class?

Amy Witt said...

I'd love to see your pics of the new patio. We are going to do it in the spring.

Jenny V said...

Debbie- Hey there I don't know if you read about my new book -The Power of Ten- in my last post. In it there is a testimony from an aerobics instructor. She had taught aerobics for 10 years and had seen the same people in her class for years with little change taking place in their bodies.

She tried the slow cadence weightlifting method and quit doing aerobics all together. After one year she bought 3 bikinis at the age of 48 and felt comfortable in them. I personally think that I will always do some form of aerobics to just keep my heart healthy but I have to tell you I love this form of weightlifting. It has had a huge impact on me physically and it actually lessons the amount of time I spend in the gym. You can check out my last post for links to the book or you can call me if you want more info. I don't know if you're interested or not but thought I would throw it out there. You never know what it will take to push you over that plateau. Maybe this would work?!?
Jenny