Saturday, July 15, 2006

Six days, and counting...

This time next week, I will be on Whidbey Island for my reunion. I was just going to do the Saturday, Sunday thing. But I've changed my mind. I'm wanting to do the Friday night get together as well. It's a casual night, where everyone is just meeting for drinks at one of the larger restaurants and bars. Initially I wasn't really wanting to go, because I know that several people will most likely be getting drunk. But then I thought, as a christian, I could go and have a couple of glasses of wine,(maybe even a mixed drink). We could always leave before things got out of hand.
I've been working so hard to get this weight off. This week, I worked out seven times, in six days for Pete's sake! And I'm feeling so good about myself, especially after finding that picture of me from last summer. That doesn't even look like me anymore. I figure there won't be a chance like this for another ten more years, and I should make the most out of this opportunity to see everyone.
So, six days and counting. I can't wait!

6 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

This really means the world to you, Babe! Wow. Have a terrific time, girl.

POY!
Jules

Chickadeeva said...

I know how much this means to you. I really hope it meets your expectations. Even though I'm sure you'll get the feeling of pride and accomplishment you desire, it may not be the huge pay off you're expecting. The goal of the reunion was just that - a goal, but MAN - the SUCCESS of your journey to that goal, that's the HUGE PAY OFF!

Your new body isn't like a wedding dress, worn one day and then put away. Your new body is a wonderful garment you'll wear for the rest of your life and what a beautifully tailored one you're making!

Kristina said...

To tell you the truth Elicia, I don't know exactly what I'm expecting. I'm HOPING, that I leave an impression on people that I am a person worth regarding. Most of my time in high school, I felt disregarded. Like I wasn't important enough, like I wasn't pretty, or had anything worthwhile to say. I just want to show my classmates that I'm not at all like I was in High School. That I have a good mind, that I have a great sense of humor, that I am a worthwhile person to know. That I have my own identity, and my name is Kristina Klumper.
And yes, I suppose that part of it is my pride. I want those boys to wish that they asked me out way back when. I never dated. And the couple of times that I did muster up enough courage to ask a couple of different boys to Sadie Hawkins over the years... no one ever said yes. So you can imagine how that made me feel.
I suppose that I do want to be one of the prettiest women there. But it's not for my classmates. It's for ME. And it's for Willem. I want him to be proud to have me at his side. I know that he already is.

SueAnne said...

Kristina,
I have always heard that the Friday night get together is the most fun anyway. And that was our experience at our 10-year. I think it is because of more the casual atmosphere. Have a great time:)
SueAnne

Chickadeeva said...

Kris, you sound like you'll get what you want - you are gorgeous, you are smart, and THEY missed out on you! Too bad that it took you weight loss to believe it, but guess what - FACTS DON'T LIE! :-)
Nor do those numbers on the scale!

I'm sure you'll have a great time (I agree that the night before is more fun too - less pressure) and I can't wait for photos of you next to the people to whom you want to reveal your true nature :-)

Paige said...

I hope you have a wonderful time!!

I think most of us felt incredibly insecure in high school, I know I did, big time.

Good for you for going. I think it takes alot of bravery, for some reason, to face people from high school!