Thursday, July 13, 2006

Whoosh!

Okay, I don't have any fat pictures of me to post at the moment (or skinny ones for that matter) but my starting over seems to have kickstarted quite a bit.

I was doing well for a while before I reset and I kind of knew that it would catch up with me at some point. Since I reset (all 5 days so far) I have been doing really well - making a conscious effort to drink enough water (and a quick aside: does anyone else feel like all they do each day is pee?), watching what goes into my body, spacing out meals so that I'm not hungry, and staying psyched about myself.

Today the past goodness and current goodness caught up with me. The scales showed me down 4 pounds this morning.

I'm eating enough (1200-1400 cals/day), I'm not running myself ragged (tennis a couple times a week, skipped yoga), and I realize that a lot of this is probably water - but 4 pounds in 5 days? This can't be healthy, can it?

Don't get me wrong. If the scales show me down, I'll be happy. I just want to make sure I'm not sabotaging my metabolism in the process...

4 comments:

Paige said...

Lisa!! That's great!
I don't think it's unhealthy- they say to AVERAGE 1-2 pounds a week is good. I find that some weeks I lose .5 pounds and some weeks 3. And you're right, some of that is water weight as you're becoming rehydrated.

I'm so proud of you for starting over in such a positive way! You're off to a great restart!

And YES holy cow I do feel like all I do, all day, every day, is pee pee pee. Some days I honestly feel... frustrated. But then I catch myself in the mirror, see some changes, and it's alright.

Kristina said...

Lisa, I wouldn't be overly concerned. You are not starving yourself. I think that is a good calorie range for your size. The extra water is making a difference, I think.
I DO know what it is to feel like you are peeing all day. I've been very consistent with my water intake.
You must be elated on the pounds lost. You're just that much closer to your goal. Congrats!

Kristina

Mom2the6Rs said...

I have been loving the pee breaks...I have been a book-a-holic lately, I am on my 8th novel since June 1st. So...when I pee, I read, and I spend a few extra minutes lingering so I can get a few extra paragraphs digested before one of my 5 children desperately need me for some colossal task.

Jules

Pink Slippers said...

Way to go Lisa! You sure know how to make your body cooperate! What a talented woman! Congrats on the loss...have a great weekend.
Tina