Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Twelve

So... sorry I didn't post my update yesterday. My husband has been taking the computer to work, and I've been running late, making it tough to post!

I am down one pound this week. It wasn't my best week. Thursday I went to Olive Garden with some friends, and decided I was going to "enjoy myself" which I persist in thinking means I have to eat unhealthy. Whatever. It's slowly getting through my brain that I can make healthy choices and still enjoy myself. So two breadsticks, two plates of salad, and half a plate of steak gorgonzola alfredo later, I was full... I haven't been FULL in a while and I didn't necessarily love the feeling.

Also? I learned this: it's still really dangerous for me to venture away from my plan. Because the next two nights, I did it again. Friday we went to a steak house. I wasn't horrible, but did have salad with ranch dressing, cheese, and croutons and a baked potato with lots of butter and sour cream. Then Saturday I decided I really wanted fast food and got a cheesburger, curly fries, and a milkshake.

I've been back on track since then, but this does remind me that eating poorly is a VERY slippery slope for me. It reprimands me and also scares me. Will I ever be able to eat just one "cheating" meal and not pay for it for three days... a week... a month... sixty pounds? I don't know, to be honest.

So for about a minute I pouted that I had not lost more, and then I remembered my little vacation from the exchanges, and was grateful I was still down a pound.

Here are the cold hard numbers. I didn't calculate the calories for the Olive Garden dinner because NO IDEA.

Monday, 7/10: 1183 calories, 14 glasses water, workout
Tuesday, 7/11: 1439 calories, 14 glasses water, workout
Wednesday, 7/12: 1302 calories, 14 glasses water, workout
Thursday, 7/13: ??? calories (OG), 14 glasses water, workout
Friday, 7/14: 1504 calories, 14 glasses water, workout
Saturday, 7/15: 1950 calories, 14 glasses water, workout
Sunday, 7/16: 1175 calories, 14 glasses water, workout
Monday, 7/17: 885 calories (MISTAKE), 14 glasses water, workout.

Down one pound, from 200.2 to 199.2, for a total of 12.4
~Paige

7 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Well done being honest and facing the slippery slope. Sometimes, if you know where they are, they are easier to admit to and avoid.

I think the more frank you are with yourself the more you'll have success. Its hard to mark down those numbers huh? :-)

~Jennifer said...

I think I have a slippery slope too, but I just don't want to face that fact. I don't want to accept that I can't let myself have occasional indulgences, but it seems I can't, not if I want to lose weight or stop gaining it. I just haven't reached a point where I can accept that. I still want it all. :-(

Lisa said...

Paige,

We all stumble, and even barring the indiscretions you are STILL DOWN! You're doing great Paige, and you recognize what you need to work on which is always the toughest step.

I'm proud of you.

Lisa

P.S. Took the liberty of updating your ticker. Hope you don't mind.

Kristina said...

Dang girl! You are working out more than me now! I always take one day off to rest my muscles. Great job on the water intake too.

And hey, you ARE down a pound. If I went to the Olive Garden, I don't think I would be.

Just keep on reaching for that goal. You WILL get there!

Kristina

Mom2the6Rs said...

And hey...you are out of the 200's!!!! WhooHoo! Doesn't that feel terrific???


POY! (proud of you)
Jules

SueAnne said...

Way to go Paige. You sound honest and realistic. You know the FIRST step to any recovery program is getting out of denial? You are being honest and moving forward. Keep it up and don't give up!
SueAnne

Paige said...

Lisa,
thanks for doing my ticker! Of course I don't mind, I appreciate it. :)

It's funny... in the past, I'm all excuses all the time. This time, somehow... is just different.

Kristina, I usually do rest a day. This past week I worked out "extra" to make up for Olive Garden. However, I was seriously BURNT by Saturday!! This week I'm back to taking Wednesday off- those muscles, and me, both need a little break. That way I look forward to exercising again.