Saturday, July 08, 2006

It was six months ago today ...

It was six months ago today, on January the 8th, (our wedding anniversary)that something just resounded in me. I was miserable with my physical appearance, as I had climbed to my heaviest weight ever. I had no energy, and I remember putting on my makeup to go out on a date with my husband. As I looked in the mirror, I was depressed. Because no matter at what angle that I looked at myself, I was fat. No matter how perfect my makeup and hair looked, I felt so very unattractive. And it was on that day, that I had made up my mind, that tomorrow, I'm getting my butt out of bed, and I'm going to work out if it kills me! It was on that day, that I had decided to take back control of my life, to take back control of my appetite.
You guys, when I weighed myself this morning, I had broken into the 180's, and I almost cried. When you start off at over 250 pounds, all you can think about is how much you have to lose just to get down to 200. I'm down to 189, and have lost 66 pounds exactly. Maybe I'm p.m.s.-ing, because even now, I feel so happy that I could cry. Just when I think it's impossible to lose any more, I lose more. It's an amazing thing to me. It's an amazing thing.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

I can't believe how quickly you have lost!!! It's amazing and you look fabulous. I am so happy for you.

Paige said...

That's FANTASTIC.

Keep it up, but what a good reminder of how far you've come!

SueAnne said...

Kristina! I just noticed you broke the 180's! Yahoo! I really believe you continue to lose because your body has morphed into a fat-burning, calorie-burning machine because of your workout routine! You ROCK and inspire! I am going to go hit the weights!
SueAnne

Chickadeeva said...

I love your story. Honey, I can't be any happier for you.

Jenny V said...

Kristina you are such an inspiration. I am so proud of you. Your dedication to working out is putting me to shame. Now I have to make it to the gym and go my 3 days this week! Thanks for your story and your inspiration.
Jenny

Mom2the6Rs said...

The 180's!!! You are truly a miracle woman. You are amazing! Because of your height, you actually weigh less than me! You are on a roll, sweetie, a roll, and it ain't no SWEET roll, or no CINAMON roll, it is a low fat, high fiber big on muscle "Rock N Roll'n" good time!

Jules

Kristina said...

I loved all of the comments ladies.
It is so wonderful to have a safe place to vent your frustrations, or on a day like today, your victories!
I don't think that I would have been half as successful without the support of this blog.