Friday, July 07, 2006

Cholesterol test results


Hey all, I went to see the Doc today to discuss my cholesterol test and there is some good news: My overall number has gone from 247 to 221. And she was really impressed by my weight loss and all I am doing at creating a new lifestyle for myself. Ultimately, though, she said that there is probably little more I can do to change my cholesterol through diet and exercise. It is heredity that has given me the numbers. But as long as I am working out and eating right, the numbers can't harm me and I am decreasing my chance for cancer as well as any heart related disease. She said she would not even consider putting me on any medication or anything. So that was super news. I learned a lot too.

AS far as my last two weeks on Prism goes, I am definitely back on track. I have journaled each week and I am staying within my limits. So hurrah for me! I still need to make it to the YMCA more often. That will boost my metabolism. We are putting our rental house on the market next week so I have been doing gardening and working a lot. I have been very active, just not involved in "official" workout time.

Love you all. Thanks for keeping this blog alive and well and thanks for giving of yourself to others.

Jules

5 comments:

SueAnne said...

You are the best Jules. And that picture is so fun!
SueAnne

Kristina said...

I'm so glad that you got to see a drop in your cholesterol. Good for you, you healthy, cute thang!

Kristina

Chickadeeva said...

That's wonderful to hear. It truly is more important (but less cosmetic) that we be caring for our health with our food. I'm so happy for you honey!

Debbie said...

Great news, Julie. You can be so proud of yourself. I love the picture too! I would have gotten stuck in that tube a few years ago. Let's hear it for the skinny new YOU!

Mom2the6Rs said...

Thanks to all of you! I love reading your comments. I am on my way to a healthier me, and that is the ultimate goal. Right?

Jules