Thursday, July 13, 2006

I made my 50 lb. mark! (Photos below)

I am posting to declare that I made my 50 lb. mark this week! It is a big accomplishment and I am proud of myself and I am so, so thankful to all of you for your amazing support of me. I am a new woman and I am looking forward as a child looks forward to visiting Disneyland for the first time, of reaching my goal weight. I hope to reach it by the new year.

I am newly inspired by an Oprah show I saw this week. She is doing some things that I am not, but that I could easily incorporate into my world.

#1 Have a cut off time 2-3 hours before bed. My cut off time for eating is 8PM. I have done it the last 2 days and it is hard! Several nights a week, my husband gets home at about 9:45. I like to have a snack with him. No more. I am going to do this one. Bob Green (Oprah's trainer) says that this is the MOST important rule. Wow.

#2 No more alcoholic beverages for me. I have about 4 diet cokes and rums a week. They aren't that many calories, but they mess with my metabolism. This is a sad one for me. I enjoy them....maybe too much. Sigh.

#3 Work out 5 mornings a week and add two late afternoon workouts as well. This will be my most challenging. Not because I don't belong to a gym (I do, the YMCA) and not because I can't find the time....it will be the most challenging because it takes the most effort and I will have to overcome my self image of myself. I do not see myself, fully, as an active person. In Weight Watchers, they called this acquiring an AI and Active Identity. My mom never had this AI and so I never had it either(or rarely). I went through spurts of it in High School. I ran, rode a stationary bike, and was on a softball team, but in between doing those things, I just vegged and did not see myself as an "exerciser".

Pray for me. I am trying to stir up the pot a little here. I am proud of where I am now and how far I have come, but I have more to go. I know the last 42 lbs are not going to come off just by wishing it.

Jules

5 comments:

Kristina said...

Sounds like a great plan, babe! I'm doing the time cut off too. Last night was my first night. It was tough. But if it helps us make it to our goals, then it's definetely worth it.

Glitzyguru said...

I am so proud of you Jules!! You are getting so close! Keep it up!
love you, Mandi

Mom2the6Rs said...

This is my third night with the cutoff. It is hard. But I think it is just a matter of retraining myself.

Jules

Bickler3 said...

Hey...maybe we can do the "y" together soon!! And I can be jealous in person!!

Pink Slippers said...

Oh Julie, what a wonderful accomplishment. I am very proud and happy for you. Keep it up baby!
Tina