Monday, July 31, 2006

Sometimes you're just DOWN!


I wanted to post briefly about what I'm struggling with. I haven't been back up on the horse since celebrating my last up. The following time I tried to go, and got all geared up (literally, there is so much GARB; breeches, long socks, half chaps, boots, helmet, gloves) the other girl who rides Poppy was getting ready to ride - argh!

I am in a fibromyalgia flare up. This means I pretty much feel like I'm being dipped in acid. Each movement hurts. I posted a bit about how this affects me on my blog. I've spent more time in bed over the past few days than I like to admit. Especially when its nice.

To make myself feel like I'm not completely out of the health loop though, I've been doing my isometrics on the floor at night. I also use those dumbells you may see on my headboard. I have a dense 5 lb ball too I use. What can you do?

So, I'm praying this will be over soon and I'll be up and at em. Join me?

9 comments:

Kristina said...

Oh Elicia, I'm so sorry! Know that I love you and am praying for you.

Chickadeeva said...

Thanks. Its hard to admit it really. I like seeing others being honest, but I am very uncomfortable with it myself. Feels good to be loved though.

Mom2the6Rs said...

Sorry, babe. I wished we lived closer...you poor thing. I hope you can get back on the horses soon.

Jules

~Jennifer said...

Sorry you're feeling such pain. It must be miserable. I'm also feeling down, but mostly because I'm stuck in my own chaos, and sometimes food is the brightest part of my day. Wow, didn't think about it that way until I wrote it down. I need to find some more bright spots, huh? Maybe it's what we both need.

Chickadeeva said...

That's the only way I get by Jennifer - BRIGHT SPOTS. I don't let myself get down too much, but when I do, I try to focus on the positive as much as possible and distract myself.

I agree - let's focus on the bright spots!

My daughter Julia asks me every night at dinner, "What was your favorite part of the day mom?"
We go around the dinner table and ask each other. Its cool.

Lisa said...

Ooooh, Elicia - I'm sorry you're hurting. I'm sending you long-distance love in hopes it will speed your recovery.

I'm proud of you for still looking for ways to work out. If it were me, I'd curl into a ball and not get back up until I felt better. Way to fast forward (through what would be my own massive pity party) and staying motivated.

Bickler3 said...

Oh my Elicia.....I wish could take it all away for you....

Pink Slippers said...

Elicia....I am so sorry for your pain and difficulties you are experiencing right now. You are in my thoughts and prayers...I am so touched by your honest words and feelings, I pray that you will be rewarded for your efforts soon! Keep posting and let us know how you are doing. I hope today is just filled with "bright spots" for you!
Tina

Amy Witt said...

Wrapping my arms and prayers around you.