Monday, July 10, 2006

Just a small pitty party


Tonight I am having just a small pitty party. I have had two of my best friends move away this summer. I know these friends are still friends but I will miss the day to day interaction that we have had. One is moving to NJ due to a husband's new job. We can still talk on the phone. The other has moved 6 hours away to West Texas. One of my love languages is quality time. It is hard to have quality time over the phone.

I am making some new friends but it takes time. Tomorrow I am spending time with a fellow homeschooling mom with children similar in age to mine and she is even going to be using AmblesideOnline . We will both be using Year 1 and this year should bring many opportunities to be together. Our kids like each other. The mom is shy. I am not. It just takes time. I want to eat over these feelings but I am not going to . This too shall pass.

7 comments:

Paige said...

I KNOW the feeling. I moved away from all my good friends in CA, and then proceeded to lose my best friend here in CT. It has been really tough, I'll be honest.
But making new friends does happen, slowly but surely. It takes alot of time, and I'm not always wanting to put it in. I just miss my old friends.
However, if I keep reminding myself that I'm making new friends not just replacing my old ones that helps. It is a lonely road though.
Good for you for not eating those feelings. That's really hard, I know.

Lisa said...

Stay STRONG, Amy! I'm so proud of you for recognizing what you want to do and choosing what you should do instead.

I'm a big believer that this is a small world. Although your friends are farther away, they are no less your friends; it will just take extra effort to keep them.

Kristina said...

Amy, I don't really know what to say. I'm sorry that your good friends had to move so far away. This is a very difficult thing. I'll pray that the Lord will knit your heart together with another friend. One that you will be able to spend quality time with.

Kristina

Mom2the6Rs said...

My Mandi girl is moving to NYC Aug. 20th....I have been very moody and melancholy about that. I know what you are experiencing. Prayers for you.

Jules

SueAnne said...

Way to recognize the feelings. I think it is harder too to lose friends when you are the one being left (for me anyway). I think of them going off to something new and exciting. My prayer partner moved to Nevada almost three years ago. I know it was actually harder on her because she had to rebuild a whole new network of relationships. Don't eat the sadness though. You can persevere!
SueAnne

Bickler3 said...

It will be hard at first, but if you work at keeping in touch...it can work out! My best friend lived 800 miles away for more than 22 yrs of our 30yr friendship ! Don't let go because they are far away! Good friends are to precious to lose....my best friend died a year ago in April..I never realized how much she was apart of my daily life until she was gone! SO don't let go....just let it evolve!!

Pink Slippers said...

Amy, I am sorry to hear about your friends moving...our friends are so important to us. Keep making great decisions and then next time you see them, you will be a changed woman!