Saturday, July 29, 2006

Seventy pounds G-O-N-E !!!



The scale was kind to me this morning, as I read it, I just grinned from ear to ear. : ) Numbers have such a psychological power over us, don't they? They probably shouldn't, but they do.
This week I started walking in the evenings, just to change up my excercising plan a bit. I am still going to do strength training five days a week, and hopefully be walking three to four nights a week. I know the extra cardio will do me good. Last night I took my oldest son on a three mile walk on a nicely paved river front trail about 1 1/2 miles from our home. It just feels so good to be more active, and to be feeling good about MYSELF.

Tues. 7/25 : 1,267 calories, 10 glasses of water, workout
Wed. 7/26 : 1,502 calories, 10 glasses of water, workout, + walk in p.m.
Thur. 7/27 : 1,547 calories, 16 glasses of water, workout, + walk at zoo
Fri. 7/28 : 1,489 calories, 12 glasses of water, workout, + walk in p.m.

13 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Wow. I can't tell you how happy I am about the new active Kris. I know what its like to feel like you're dragging your body around, and just being free of that must be so awesome.

Things will never be the same for you again!

Mom2the6Rs said...

I can just see you there, smiling! I love you and am so, so proud of you! You are such a passionate person and you have given yourself some of that passion. You have turned your energies towards making your own life strong and steady and look at all you have accomplished in just over 200 days!

Jules

Paige said...

WOW Kristina. that's so fantastic!!! Good for you.

Chickadeeva said...

So neat that you posted the photo.

Coreen said...

YEAH! That is a big number to get rid of :) Good job for adding more activity and changing it up so you still like doing it. Good job girl! You rock!

Pink Slippers said...

OW! Mama! You lookeeng good! 70, what an incredible accomplishment!

kimiko said...

Kristina,
You just shined at your class reunion! You look fantastic. Really, you are my inspriation to accomplish my goals. Congrats on such a huge milestone.
Smiles

SueAnne said...

Wow Kristina! I have only seen you in person once-on May 19th. You look remarkably different from just two months ago. You look fantastic! Thanks for posting the pictures!
SueAnne

Amy Witt said...

U R DA BOMB!!!!! Your the meaning in my life...you're my inspiration....

Amy Witt said...

You're the meaning in my life...Yes I do know how to spell...just late night I don't do as well.

Jenny V said...

wow, that is amazing! Congrats Girl! I am so amazed by your commitment and your results! Keep it up!
Jenny

Lisa said...

Wow, 70 pounds! That's, like, an entire supermodel! :)

Kristina, we are all so ridiculously proud of you. Not to get mushy or anything, but you are such an inspiration. Though I can't speak for anyone else, when it's tough to keep on the straight and narrow, I think about how much you have accomplished. It makes it that much easier for me to keep going.

Lisa

Kristina said...

You gals are all so, so encouraging!
Thank you!