Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Virtual Tail Kicking

With the virtual tail kicking I received (thanks) from my friends here, I have gotten back on track today. OK, it has only been for two meals, but isn't that where I start? One meal at a time. (sound like a 12-step program)

Last night while Honey and the twins were at Karate, Toddler and I went to the store and I bought the makings for my favorite low-points meal. I love Vietnamese/Thai style stir fry. I bought rice noodles, onions, scallops, mushrooms, cilantro, spring onions, cucumber, garlic, fresh ginger and last night and today at lunch I have had a BIG bowl of yummy veggies, with a little protein and starch. It comes to 7.5 points and boy is it filling. I used 4 points for breakfast so I am on the right track for today. I am also writing it all down which is how it works best for me.

Now comes the hard part, afternoon and evening. ONE MEAL AT A TIME. I am going to have a snack and try to eat a little before we go to church so I am not starving when we get home and eat the first thing that looks good or fast food as we are prone to do on church nights.

Wish me luck and a prayer...here we go....the journey has begun!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

It really is just one meal at a time. Some are more difficult than others. Just keep your eyes on the prize... and think about how cute you will look in your Spring wardrobe. :)

Mom2the6Rs said...

Amy, I am so proud of you! It is so important to have our kitchens stocked with good things! Keep creating meals that center around your needs and your family will benefit so much. Check in often, heck, you could even give your daily points count here each evening or in the morning for the previous day. We would love to hear from you lots.

Jules