Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A small victory

My son had a wrestling tournament on Sunday and I was proud of myself that I stuck to my eating plan. You see, EVERYONE packs in a lot of junk food to snack on while at the tournaments, as they last for many hours. And that used to be one of the days that I could pig out on junk food, and no one would really notice... it was kind of like a camouflage for me. If you get my meaning. Anyhow, I took the time to cut up and measure all of my fruits, veggies, and other healthy snacks to bring along. I put them in sandwhich bags, and wrote down the calorie content for each. And I stuck to it. It wasn't even hard! I couldn't believe it. I used to look for excuses to be able to eat junk, acceptably. Let me tell you, I am motivated for the new me baby!
Here's my stats for the last couple of days:

Day 7: 1,148 calories, 10 glasses of water

Day 8: 1,325 calories, 9 glasses of water, workout

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Thank you Kimi!

Pink Slippers said...

YOU GO GIRL! I am so proud of you! Breaking those types of habits are a great start at a whole new attitude. And I DO know what you mean about hiding the junk eating. I have been there and done that, and still sometimes do! Thank you for your sweet comments about my size now, I have a hard time accepting still that I am smaller than I used to be, and currently am up about 10 lbs..hoping to lose that again! In the meantime, I here to cheer you on and everyone else as well! GO GO GO GO GO!