Tuesday, January 24, 2006

been awhile

Hey ladies,
my computer hasn't been letting me log on to the site, but i've been totally enjoying the progress y'all have been sharing, so great! I have been doing good with my portion sizes and the amount of food I choose to eat during the day. I need to work more on sticking to the actual program I'm on which is basically very limited carbs. One step at a time I guess. I'm really trying to get to the issues of why I eat when I do and curb the cravings and treat myself with other nice things. Last night I was really craving icecream but I took a hot bath instead, which was good. I felt like I had a huge victory. I had light popcorn and an apple for my evening snack and was proud of myself for not running across the street to the store which I've been known to do when I have cravings. So, that is where I'm at. I'm not nearly as strong as some of you in sticking to the strictness, but I'm so proud of each of you for what you have accomplished so far.
Mandi

3 comments:

Bickler3 said...

Baby steps....little changes that stick ..instead of big ones that last a few days or weeks then ..crash!! Keep it up!! The biggest thing I have been working on is drinking 8 glasses of water a day...next week I tackle calorie counting..wish me luck!!

Kristina said...

Way to overcome those cravings Mandy! A bath instead of a bowl of icecream? I'll have to maybe try that some evening when I'm craving all of the wrong foods. And good choice on the snacks you did have, you're stronger than you think girl.

Pink Slippers said...

Great Job! I would say your strength is amazing! Especially with a little store right across the street! Glad to see you back here!
Tina