Monday, January 30, 2006

Chickadeeva Joins The Divas!

Hi Ladies!

"Many Thanks" to my sweet sisters (new and old) who are embarking on a journey of good health and happy weight. Thank you for welcoming me!

While my scale numbers aren't ideal, weight isn't my main health issue. I have fibromyalgia, which is latin for "radiating murderous pain on a non-stop basis" I think that's the latin ;-)
It can be a struggle to drag my body along with me on my adventures. Sometimes going across the street to get the mail is an event.

To keep moving and off disability, I have been working out - but not the way you brave women do! I can't seem to get myself into a gym to save my life, so I found a physical activity that distracts me so much I don't realize I'm working out - GOING TO THE BARN.

Tanya Fretland, a friend of most of ours said, "I never would have imagined you doing this kind of stuff with horses, being so techie and career-y and stuff." (not a direct quote, but you get the point, eh?) But - abundant life comes in unexpected colors - and I'm quite unexpectedly:

1) Inches smaller
2) Have a set of SICK PYTHONS (it’s a biceps joke)
3) Have more energy
4) Have another interesting thing to talk about

I ride a couple of times a week but my main 'job' is to groom and prepare the horses for their training, then untack and groom them down from it. If you are unfamiliar with grooming, just think "Wax ON. Wax OFF" and you'll get the idea. Its basically like washing and waxing a small car. Twice. For each of the four horses that train. Plus the one I'll ride.

You'd never see me in a gym doing reps, but I suppose this is just as good! So - here's to finding ways to be stronger and healthier "outside of the box".

Remember: Every little thing adds up! (I'll work on a poem Kris, I will!)

Chickadeeva

5 comments:

Kristina said...

Elicia, I'm SOOO glad you've joined us! Keep on 'waxing' those horses baby.

Bickler3 said...

I dont know...I don't think you need to be here...you are what 2 lbs over weight?!! But, I am glad you will be adding to conversation...maybe we can learn from you and we too can only be 2lbs over weight....

Chickadeeva said...

I know this blog is mainly about losing weight, but the goal is to be healthy and happy with our bodies right?

Honestly, my weight is 150 and my ideal weight is 125, however, I don't know that I'm trying to lose any, but more trying to get healthier, so I can enjoy life MORE.

Kristina said...

Sundee, we want anybody and everybody to come and be a part of this blog. Regardless of their size...if they want to be pointed towards being healthier, and happier, this is a good place for them to be.
I do agree, Elicia looks GREAT. And I'm glad that she's here.

Mom2the6Rs said...

Welcome, girlfriend. I know you would probably trade your pain for our weight any day. Weight can be lost...pain can be relentless.

Jules