Sunday, January 29, 2006

I'm gonna start journaling,K?

Things are going well over here! I am going to be posting my food journal for a little while, at least until I feel strong enough to keep going w/o that accountability. Please, feel free to ask questions or point things out to me, or even ask "what were you thinking?????!!!", I am needing a little extra kick in the pants right now. So here goes: (oh and btw I am on a no dairy no meat products for a while due to the fast...I will get back into lighter cuts of meat products soon, oh and also no whites and no sugars until after my blood draw)

Yesterday:
Uncle Sam's cereal w/ oat milk
Whole wheat pasta and spaghetti sauce
2 handfuls of cashews
juiced up carrots, spinach and a beet
2 corn tortillas w/ taco salad made with black beans, herb salad, olives, tomatoes, salsa, onions, avocado
2 slices Ezekiel 4:19 bread w/ organic earth balance butter-type spread

Today:
Barbara's oats w/ oat milk
Split pea soup w/onions, carrots, garlic
Celery sticks dipped in hummus
1 slice Ezekiel bread w/ hummus
2 handfuls of almonds
orange
whole wheat pasta and sauce
I felt snacky tonight...cereal and oat milk...bettter stop eating now. Time for tea!
Good night all! Keep up the good work.

3 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Say hi to Uncle Sam, Barbara and Ezekiel for me, babe! Just kidding. The brand names crack me up...I am glad you are journaling. Think of it as information, and information is power. Journaling isn't just to keep you accountable, but to inform you on your day. It also gets things out of your head so you can think clearer about other stuff. For me, it is a confirmation of my faithfulness and a decluttering of my mind.

Love you! BTW I bought a brush for Rascal tonight and he LOVED it! Did his tail ever wag when I brushed him and talked ushy gushy with him.

Jules

Kristina said...

Oat milk? Oat milk?! I had no idea that such a thing even exsisted. :) Good job with the journaling. The first few days are the toughest, but then it gets easier as you get used to it.
I agree with Jules... it's good to be able to look back over our paper at the end of the day and to be able to see just exactly what we have consumed. And it really is a confirmaation of our faithfulness, like Julie had said.
Good job Tina. When was your blood draw again? February ...something?

Pink Slippers said...

Thank you all for the encouragement! I used to be faithful at journaling...but now I am just being sneaky, like if it is not written down it won't affect me, HA! Yeah, I had never heard of oat milk either..weird huh? My draw and mammogram are on the 7th of February...I will let you all know how it goes. Til then, I am peaceful (most of the time!) Thanks all!