Monday, January 16, 2006

Detox.....flush it all away!!



I am going to detox tomorrow..so I thought I might share with you a little about it. There are many ways to "detox" 1. Water only- fasting..drinking nothing but water(and vitamins)
2. Juices & water - you get the point. Some people do it for a day..some for a week (ouch!)
Here's what I do and it works well for me!
I fast all processed foods...so I basically eat fruits and vegi's (raw) in little meals all day...DRINK tons of water, throw in some juice(cranberry) , maybe some green tea (honey if you need sweetener) Fruit smoothies-YUMM!! (Emerald City smoothie on Bothell-Everett hwy is GREAT!!)Take an extra vitamin C & E both are helpful at detoxing. I usually do it for a day...but when I can I do it for a few days (3 max) When it has been a long time since I have done one...I start out by dextoxing in steps...I will do one day one week..the next week I will do two days and keep stepping up...3 days is the highest I have done..but I know some people have done it for 30 days. It is incredible how much better you feel and you will drop ALOT of water weight, as well as lose the sweet tooth. It cleans out alot of the toxins that build up in your system, things that are making you tired, or causing allergies and headaches!!

The hardest part is cooking for my family, I try to make meals ahead..so I just have to throw them in the oven ...and I load up on vegi's before I even go in the kitchen to cook..that way I am not so tempted!!

I do have to add that the longer you do it the more effect it will have...also some of the effects during the detox are not great. You may get increased pimples as the toxin work their way out.. you may get constipated or diarrhea........you may not feel good for the first day but I encourage you to try it!!

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Some people have detoxed for 30 days?!?
Good job on taking that step. It sounds like it would be good for you. Especially if you've eaten like I have in the past. My body has somewhat detoxed from the plan I am on. Today is my 9th day with no sugar, flour, potatoes, or fried food. And come to think of it, I don't think I've had a headache since I've started. I used to get them nearly every day.
Anyhow, I'm proud of you for doing what you know is going to be hard, yet also beneficial. Love you!

Kristina said...

BTW, I know you said you were doing just one day this week. Just re-reading my post it looked like I said you were going to do it for 30 days.

Pink Slippers said...

That is so amazing you would post this, I have just really been interested in doing my first detox ever! I am a bit nervous as I know it can make you feel cruddy, but I think I really need to do one. I will let you all know if I do. Well, happy detoxing!

Mom2the6Rs said...

So proud of you, Sundee. You really are amazing! Make sure you take a couple of naps during your detox. Extra sleep can help, too. Nap and walk.

Jules