Thursday, January 12, 2006

Has anyone else noticed how expensive it is to eat healthy?? I am getting about 1/2 the amount of food for my $75.00 a week food budget.....for the last few weeks that has been a real problem.....BUT then Jim went to the doctor and I decided REALLY quick that it costs you more for the junk food in the end...not only physically, but financially and emotionally.

I am not doing as well as I would like with my eating habits...but I have been getting my 8 glasses or more of water..so I am really proud of that, next week I will work on moving more. I did have quite a revelation the other night....if I don't turn on the TV ....I don't get sucked in....and get so much more done!!! So I am picking 3 shows a week that are worth my time ....other than that ...the TV is off !!!

2 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Good idea on the TV. Blake and I started this the year before we moved to Marysville, and now, we don't watch any PM tv at all, I just tape Oprah.

About the costliness of eating healthy, that is a toss up. To go Organic, definate yes, especially with meat and milk, but on the other hand, if you just shop on the outsides of the aisles, where all the natural, whole foods are, and by avoiding going up and down the processed food lanes, you will save a bundle. Lynn S. taught me that years ago. That is how she kept to a budget. She shoped on the outside, and baked stuff for her kids for snacks. Healthy cookies and stuff, or veggies and fruit.

Also, when you are committed to eating healthy, there are very few fast food items that fit in that catagory, so you eat home more and save even more!

Love you. Good job on the water. Baby steps are good.

Jules

Kristina said...

Yes, I have noticed how much it costs to eat healthier. Boy have I noticed, but won't it be well worth it?!
Good job on the water Sundee, and good job on turning off the tube. One day at a time girl, one day at a time.
Love you, Kristina.