Saturday, January 07, 2006

Prism Outline

Ok...Let's give this a try. Prism is a plan (Christian based with daily readings and scripture if you so choose, but can be done by those who do not ascribe to Christian beliefs) that is broken up into 6 week phases. The first phase is the most difficult(you are more limited in the grain/cereal dept. And you don't get any potatoes or sugar free desserts), but you will see the most dramatic results in this phase of the program. Here are the basics:

You attend a meeting once a week in your area where you encourage one another, get advice from your leader, and watch an informative video. You can do the program without this support, but that would have to be up to your style. I, honestly, couldn't do it without the support.

Cost: $48 a phase, which includes your workbook curriculum, $28 if you already own the curriculum.

Men eat 1300-1500 calories a day
Women under 250 pounds eat 1000-1200 calories a day
Women over 250 pounds eat 1300-1500 calories a day

If you commit to exercising 5 days a week for 20 minutes a day, you may increase your daily intake by 300 calories a day (ex. 1300-1500 for women under 250 lbs.)

You journal every bite that goes into your mouth on a daily chart. You weigh and measure everything you eat to stay on track.

You drink 8 glasses of water and take a multi-vitamin daily.

You weigh at the start of a phase and at the end only (6 weeks of waiting to see your accomplishments.) I love this part.

You sign an agreement of resolution and read it to yourself each day, which helps you to stay true to the program and more importantly, yourself.

You do not eat sugar, white flour, deep fried or breaded foods, gravies, snack foods like popcorn, chips and crackers.

On each phase, they tell you how many cereal/grain type foods to include.

You cannot consume more than 700 calories before your main meal. They want you to save up calories for dinner so you don't go to bed starving.

I think of the calories as money. Even if I am hungry in the evening, I consol myself with the fact that the moment I wake up, I will have 1200 (dollars) deposited into my eating account. I can spend, spend, spend! This is a game that works with my brain.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

I started today! I even worked out this morning at Curves, for the first time in three months! I'll journal my menu later...

Mom2the6Rs said...

Yippee! Today is everyday! If you did it today, it can be done again and again and again!

Jules