Friday, January 27, 2006

I know it's bad... but it's funny too

I had a cool thing happen to me this morning. I was the first person to get to Curves, and that has never happenned. I was there a couple of minutes before 6:00. In fact, I was the only one working out the whole time that I was there. In the past,(it's time for some real honesty here), I've enjoyed working out with other women, because I'm very strong and there are a couple of machines that are so tough that most women skip right over them. I never have, because I can do them, because I'm quite a bit stronger than the average woman. And, well, quite frankly, I enjoy that. I'm very competetive, and used to be very athletic. But, as I was working out this morning,(and as there was no one there to see me), I ended up having one of the hardest workouts that I can remember. And it made me think, I really am doing this for MYSELF. I don't have to have other people around me do to my best. And that I'm going to get out of it what I put into it. Just a cool revelation...

1 comment:

Mom2the6Rs said...

I believe in you, babe. And don't knock your competativness too much, it can be a good driving force for change. I think at the heart of your competativeness is the desire to do your best and be your best and to show others what "best" looks like. You are a living example of a life shining for Christ. And honestly...I wish I had half of your physical strength.

Jules