Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Emotional bankruptcy





I am feeling a bit bankrupt this morning. I have a sick baby...Didn't get much sleep last night. Have to bribe my mother and mother-in-law for a little time away just to buy groceries(feeling trapped)...Worked out at 9 PM last night(only time I could get away) and the scale said I had gained .8 lbs. When I was expecting progress. And my house looks like 45 mile an hour winds have blown through. I am staying on track with my eating and workouts and water. I just feel like I am in the middle of a pity party that sucks. I have spent 25 days on this program, maybe the stress of the change is hitting me. I am not PMSing either. That is too far away. Help! Someone fill up my love tank.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Julie, I'm sorry about your circumstances. I know what it is to feel trapped at times... I couldn't wait to sneak out to a movie last night myself. You know, as much as we love our families, we still need a break from them. We need time to focus on just us.
As for the scale, try not to dwell on it. You know, you did go to the Y last night after all of your meals for the day. You should try weighing yourself in the morning time maybe, that's what I do. Anyhow, when I saw you the other day, you looked FABULOUS! Your pants ARE getting baggy on you. And if you really want to cheer yourself up, just look at that picture of you at your highest weight. Because let me tell ya, you have changed girlfriend!!
Love you, Kristina.

Chickadeeva said...

Awww darling, don't be down, turn that frown upside down!

I love ya. I guess since you do things so gracefully that I forget how hard it is to do what you're doing. Hang in there...Its okay to be overwhelmed sometimes because it reminds us that we aren't doing things in our own strength.

Mom2the6Rs said...

Wow, girls, thanks. I do things gracefully? I never imagined! Thanks. And Kimi, that was a beautiful portion of scripture to refer me to. I do need to see the whole picture. I think I just am hitting a wall that happens after this amount of time on the program. The honeymoon is over. The hard work begins. But to be on a honeymoon, one has to make a commitment...right? So I am remembering that commitment and gaining heart.

Thanks again! I knew you all could fill up my tank!

Chickadeeva said...

And you are so wise to know how to ask!

I should be so good at asking honestly for my needs.