Monday, May 01, 2006

I better log in...Warning, grumpy woman alert.

My tide is out, girls....The ship has left the shore....I am irritable and grumpy and easily set off....It will only last for a few days, but still, that is where I am. Yuck. My poor kids. Someone save them from me. Ha! Although I feel like it is the other way around at the moment. I need saving. Definitely.

I had a terrific weekend doing the Global Night Commute and expanding my heart and soul to the hurting. Mercy is pity in action. That is my main gifting, I believe. It can be an exhausting one, though. I created a new blog (like I need one, right?) to document our journey with the children in Uganda. www.invisible-children.blogspot.com Check it out. I need attention. Lots of it. Ha!

I have been playing the "journal catch up game". Not fun. I have been sneaking nibbles and discounting the importance of my water consumption and I need to just STOP IT NOW. So, here is my attempt at dietary honesty, fessing up to you girls and posting my newest numbers.

On the up side, people are noticing the change in me more, and I am noticing my body changing. It is encouraging. Little things like riding horses and not feeling sorry for the horse that it has to carry me. Ha. And I can put my hands on my back and feel the curve there. I can see the curves and feel the bones that have been hiding for so long. I can even fit my voluptuous self into some of my husband's size medium tshirts.

Here are my numbers:

Day 106 to 108: Women's retreat. Ate legal foods, but did not journal. Felt terrific about my choices here, though.
Day 109: 1284 calories, 8 glasses of water, bee pollen
Day 110: 1399 calories, 8 glasses of water, bee pollen
Day 111: 1402 calories, 3 glasses of water, (fighting the water thing today)
Day 112: 1304 calories, 8 glasses of water
Day 113: 1246 calories, 5 glasses of water
Day 114: 1317 calories, 8 glasses of water
Day 115: 1322 calories, 8 glasses of water

Thanks for being here for me. Send me some prayers today.

Jules

5 comments:

Amy Witt said...

Praying and sending you skinny thoughts. Had a grumpy mommy weekend here too. Trying to arise from the funk. I know you can do it. Keep up the work. I remind myself this is just one day (or 4 as the case may be). This too shall pass.

Chickadeeva said...

Sending prayers. Had my own grump-out session yesterday. I too have to wait four more days :-)

Kristina said...

I'm sorry you're having a rough time of it Jules. Sometimes I wish there were no such things as horomones.

As for the change in you; it is so apparent. When I saw you breifly the other day, you looked so wonderful! What a beautiful gal that you are.

Love you,
Kristina

Mom2the6Rs said...

Really? Beautiful?

SueAnne said...

YOU.......ARE......SO......
BEAUTIFUL.......TO ME....

Singing doesn't quite come through in emai. HAHA. But what you have done for those of us on your blog is beautiful! God is using your gift of mercy to impact the lives of people you've not met. THAT is beautiful!

Keep on keepin' on!
SueAnne