Saturday, May 27, 2006

Week one check in

Hey there I am checking in for the week. I weighed myself on Friday which was the completion of my first week on Weight Watchers. I have lost 1.2 pounds! I must admit I was hoping for a miraculous 5 pound loss. I know I know, wishful thinking right! I guess it took awhile to put it on and it will take awhile to get it off. I had a rough few days this week as I adjusted to the points system. I journaled everyday and was very proud of myself for keeping up with everything. I had a few days of shaky blood sugar drops due to not eating enough. I hadn't figured out how to space out my points for the day and it led to some mighty cranky moments. For the most part I am very pleased with this system. I like how it allows flexibility. I ate out twice during week one (this is very unusual for me but we had a birthday and a mother- daughter get together in the same week!) I also had a latte or two.... okay it was two but I just counted my points and still came out with a loss. I even had a sliver of birthday cake on my daughters birthday. I did a cardio workout twice and 90 minutes of light activity in my garden.
My goals for week two are to increase the exercise part of my plan and eat more consistently throughout the day to avoid the blood sugar drops. I have learned a great deal about portion sizes and the value of making calories count. Eat the good for you food, it sticks with you longer. My only complaint is that certain foods that I love are big point getters on this plan. It is 2 points for 1/4 of an avocado. Now I know that they are calorie dense and have fat in them but it is the good kind of fat. Anyways, I guess I will not be eating them anytime soon or if I do I will just have half of one. Oh, I am also proud of my water intake. I have been very good with getting much more than the recommended 6 glasses a day!
Oh, Kristina if you don't mind would you move my ticker? ( said with a 1.2 pound weightloss smile) I guess you gotta start somewhere and this isn't a bad start!
Jenny

6 comments:

Chickadeeva said...

Way to go Jen!

You'll be moving that ticker in NO TIME FLAT. I'll bet your body type is one that responds quickly to this new system.

SueAnne said...

Congratulations Jenny,
Keep on truckin'!
SueAnne

Pink Slippers said...

Good job Jennie, the first week is tough. But you did it! Congrats on the loss.
Tina

Kristina said...

Ticker is moved, my friend. And awaitng futher activity. : ) Way to go! That's a great start!

Kristina

Mom2the6Rs said...

First of all, good job, girl! I am so proud of you! I hear the hope in your voice.

Second of all, about them avacados...if you buy the trader joe or costco guacamole, you can have 2tbsp. for 50 cal. That, I think, is just 1 point. Try that.

Jules

Debbie said...

Jenny, way to go. The trader joe's high fiber cereal is a great breakfast. I eat it with strawberries or blueberries and it is only 3 points, including the milk. That stays with you and you get in a fruit. The amount of blueberries and strawberries you'll eat are 0 points.

Our leader said that she was honest and journaled, followed the program to a T, when she first started and lost 0 for 3 weeks. Then it just fell off. So don't give up. Your ticker will be skimming along in no time.