Monday, May 22, 2006

Watching the weight

Hey all, I wanted to post an update. I joined weight watchers on Friday. I decided that counting calories and deciding every single detail to my weight loss plan was too overwhelming. I just went to one meeting and got a bunch of information. I have stuck to my point allowance for the last 3 days and I have done 2 workouts. I like the fact that I can still go have a latte with this plan. This is the first time EVER that I have sought out a plan to follow regarding weight loss. My dad was a big workout guy (still is) and I grew up knowing that you simply reduce calories and increase activity if you want to lose weight. I guess I just kept thinking I should be able to do this on my own. I am glad that I got the program and I am committed to trying it out. I guess the only thing I am committed to ultimately is losing the weight. There is just no exception to that reality. So.... I will keep you posted as I go along. I have decided not to attend meetings on a regular basis so I will be posting weekly here instead. For everyone out there on weight watchers if you have favorite recipes or hints etc I would love an e-mail. Just send it to Sophiashope@verizon.net . Jules if you know how, you can make a ticker for me too. I am not that computer savvy. My goal is to lose 30 pounds. Thanks for being my support group and for not charging me $12.00 a week to do it. SMILE!
Jenny

8 comments:

Kristina said...

Jenny, I've made you a ticker. Have you lost any of the 30 pounds so that I can make an adjustment? I love doing this kind of thing, really.

Kristina

Jenny V said...

I had lost a pound but gained it back so right now I am just starting out as far as tracking goes. Thanks so much for making me a ticker. You are so sweet!
Jenny

Chickadeeva said...

Jenny - we should pay YOU 12$ a week to have you in this blog!

We love your posts - come back soon!

Glitzyguru said...

Good for you Jenny! Its a lot of help to have something to follow. I look forward to seeing how it works for you! :)
mandi

Amy Witt said...

I do WW and have had great success with it. I do go to meetings and the support helps me greatly. Let me know if you have any questions and good luck on this journey.

Lisa said...

Jenny, good luck on your new program! Just remember, if you need a little support, love, or encouragement, we're all here for you. We may not be able to count the points for you, but we can cheer you on your way, lattes and all!

Lisa

Mom2the6Rs said...

Yeah!! You are here!! This blog was rocking before, but it just got hotter, baby! Oh, yah! I love you, Chick and I can't wait to see you so excited with your success! Get ready to amaze yourself.

Jules

Debbie said...

Jenny, I have lots of recipes that I can get to you. Remind me of what you eat and I'll see what I can dig up. I'm with you all the way. Let me know if I can be of help to you in any way.