Sunday, May 14, 2006

Pretty in Pinstripes

I just had to share with y'all: I can now wear a beautiful pinstripe suit I bought a couple years ago! It didn't fit when I bought it (it's a size 10) and it's still a little tight through the hips, but it looks great and as long as I don't try jumping jacks or anything it looks stunning! Woohoo!

Also, I ran into a good friend on Friday and got a big hug. A few minutes later he commented that he noticed that I felt skinnier when he hugged me. I gave my standard answer (redistributing) but he absolutely contradicted me. "No, you look thinner too." I could have kissed him! (oh wait...) :)

I was talking to one of my oldest friends this weekend about this blog. We're all on different programs, trying different things, and I doubt any of us are sticking to exactly the same plan as anyone else. "So how does it work," she asked. I told her that it's been so easy to lose this weight knowing that everyone here is cheering each other on. It's also that with this blog, we are all accountable in some way or another. I want to do well for all of you and I want to cheer each of you on through your successes and setbacks. In short, it's easier to change all of the little things that don't work in my lifestyle because I know we're all in it together.

Thanks to all of you for letting me come along on your journeys, and for coming along on mine. It has made a world of difference.

5 comments:

Kristina said...

Lisa, that is very exciting! To finally be able to wear a pretty suit that you've had for a couple of years. I'll just bet that you felt like celebrating. : )
And I love it when someone actually says that you look thinner. Talk about a motivator!
I'm so happy for you! I wish you didn't live so far away so that I could meet you at our weekend get together. You, and Amy.

Kristina

SueAnne said...

Lisa,
I rejoice with you! That is awsome:)
SueAnne

Mom2the6Rs said...

Size 10!! Size 10!! That is fantastic! Hey, and when men mention weight "anything" you know they are going out on a social limb...that means you really made an impression! Otherwise, he wouldn't have risked it, if you know what I mean.

Lisa, I am so glad you are apart of this blog and that you have chosen to make yourself vulnerable and accountable to us even though you don't "know" us personally. You are brave and couragous and determined.

Way to go!
Jules

Amy Witt said...

size 10, YEA!! and pinstripes look so good. TO have something hanging in the closet that you want to wear and then being able to do it is so neat. You need to give us a pic in it.

Chickadeeva said...

It is so much fun to get into a great suit! Good Job!