Friday, May 26, 2006

Elicia Picks and Chooses Calorie Counts...


Well, I'm not counting calories I eat, but I am counting how many I burn.

I got FIVE RIDES IN this week.

When I do the math, I am burning a LOT of calories grooming, tacking, riding and untacking the horses. When I get hungry, instead of reaching for a quick fix (hello PopTarts?) I have been drinking a glass of milk or making myself a bowl of oatmeal.

I often will supplement my day with that wonderful Odawalla Superfood - call me Popeye.

I'm tempted to crash diet for my trip to Hawaii in 11 days, but I am not going to do that. I'm going to content myself with how strong my muscles are and ignore the cellulite on my thighs. Anyone else wanna ignore it with me?

5 comments:

Kristina said...

First of all, I L-O-V-E this shot of you! Very cute. Elicia, I'm glad that you decided not to crash diet before your trip. You look great. And yes, I'll go right on ignoring my own cellulite with you. : )
I WAS checking out those sick pythons last weekend though... I want some of my own.

Kristina

Amy Witt said...

Currently ignoring Cellulite and wearing shorts and a new swimsuit to the beach.

Mom2the6Rs said...

Yes, lets all ignore it. Good for you, babe. You have been blessed to spend so much time on the back of such magical creatures. I love the joy in your life.

Good choices on your snack items.

Love you,
Jules

Pink Slippers said...

Sounds like you are doing so well, and I am so happy that you are able to ride so often! And I agree with Kristina, the picture is really great!
Tina

Coreen said...

I ignored it all weekend long....Actually I think I ignore it all the time. What a great idea you have. Hawaii sounds like lots of fun. I'm so proud of you for choosing not to go the crash diet route. I'm so jealous that you get to go riding so much. How fun and relaxing.

Coreen