Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Day One... Again

Hello Ladies.
Long time no talk, I know... I've been MIA from the eating well game for a little while. But following some doctor's visits, and about three doctors telling me that losing weight will be the key to my universe, I have decided to get on the wagon. Again. *coughahemcough*

I'm back on the Diabetic Exchange. I was hoping for a goal of about 1200 calories. I almost stayed withing my exchanges today, the only place I went over was about 1/2 an exchange of protein.

I was HUNGRY. And my husband, who does the cooking, didn't come home until almost 8:30. I started dinner, but before that I was starving. Instead of reaching for the leftover oreos or doritos (HAVE to get those out of the house, but seeing the oreos go makes me sad) I had a snack bag of 94% fat free popcorn. That was IN my exchanges, it just means I can't have ice cream tonight.

Today was not easy, ladies. It was rough. But I was whining to a friend, who reminded me that once I get going the portion sizes become right (again) and this becomes a whole lot easier. I'm hanging on to that knowledge and the desire to do this and do this well.

I have been lurking, and am SO impressed with everyone's progress. I wish I could have made it to the Spring Fling, maybe for another get together? Welcome to our new members, and thanks for the ongoing support ladies!

Here are my stats (from today):
Day 1: Calories 1465; 10 glasses water (whoo whoo); up .5 exchange protein

4 comments:

Pink Slippers said...

Glad your back....we are here to cheer you on and give you support. Looks like you had some pretty good numbers to start with! Keep it up!
Tina

Chickadeeva said...

Way to reveal, reconsider and reapply yourself!

I am sure you will reap the benefits soon :-)

Get those oreos OUT! I had to say bye to poptarts....

Lisa said...

Paige, I am thrilled that you are back. I've checked up on you through your personal blog so I knew you were still out there, but you have been missed. Welcome home, and know that we're all here for you!

Lisa

Mom2the6Rs said...

Paige, welcome home. The road ain't easy, but it is doable. You have the skills to do it. I believe in you.

Jules