Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Headed Out


We are three days from leaving on a two week, much needed vacation. I have been planning and washing laundry and trying to leave the house in order before we leave. I have stopped the mail, stopped the newspaper, arranged for someone to babysit our hamster, washed the car, straightened the house, packed the bags, and notified the proper authorities.

I realized that this is not all I have to do to get ready. I need to be mentally ready as well for those times when the gas station convenience food is calling my name. I need to be ready for being with the fam for 14 days in a row. I need to be ready for being out of my element and comfort zone.

I need to plan to take care of my eating needs. Last night at WW, I picked up the newest Dining Out Companion so I can be prepared to eat out more than we usually do. I bought a points calculator for my purse and I bought an new pedometer. I know where the WW meetings are in the towns we are going to. Having these tools will not make me eat right. I will use them. I am committed to not gaining and even to weight loss on this trip. I know I can do it and with your prayers and my daily commitment, I can lose weight on vacation.

Virtual Kudos to whoever can name that location.

5 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Wow! You are very, very prepared! I believe in you, Amy! Have a terrific trip and I know you will lose weight. We will miss you here.

Jules

Lisa said...

Corpus?

Whether I'm right or whether I'm wrong, kudos on planning ahead! Your level of commitment is inspiring! (You'll be missed, but we'll see you when you return!)

Chickadeeva said...

Looks like Hunnington, the pier!

Amy Witt said...

Chickadeeva- You are the winner. KUDOS KUDOS KUDOS Yes, it is Huntington Beach pier. We have a house for a week. Disneyland here were come!!!!!!!

Kristina said...

Amy,
you are the woman with the plan! I'm so proud of the efforts you are making. And I can here the determination in your post.
Have a fabulous vacation!

Kristina