Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Near Occasion of Sin

All I want to do right now is go home and curl up with a bag of Hershey's kisses, some vanilla ice cream and perhaps a little bourbon. It has been that bad of a day. But instead I'm going to go home this evening and work out all of my stress, anger, frustration and resentment at the Y and on the tennis courts. I was serious about the chocolate and the ice cream but instead I'm going to be good because I don't want to have to confess anything later to you guys. I think I'm having what the Catholics call a "near occasion of sin."

For the record, there is a huge difference (at least to me but apparently not to my boss) between reprimands I deserve and those that are so far out there that you have to just stop thinking in order to have it come out of your mouth and mean it. I got an earful of the latter today and it was downright abusive. I just need to remind myself that while I may want a new job, I do NOT need chocolate to deal with the one I have now.

Ugh.

5 comments:

Kristina said...

Oh honey! Go work your tail off at the Y, I'm sure you'll feel much better afterwards. I'm sorry you're having such a rotten day. That's part of the reason that I worked out twice yesterday. I had an awesome workout last night, and I felt wonderful afterwards! I had to do it, otherwise, heads would have been rolling at my house.


Kristina

Chickadeeva said...

I agree - the sooner you work it out the better you'll feel! I know I always feel doubly good when I resist the bad habit, replace it with something healty.

I give myself points for recognizing it, points for resisiting it, points for replacing it and points recognizing the healthy pattern! That's at least FOUR points of GOODNESS in a single episode!

Mom2the6Rs said...

Very well expressed, Lisa! You don't need chocolate to deal with your boss, but maybe he/she could use some? Ha! The cheap chocolate...the waxy kind....yuck.


Jules

Amy Witt said...

Paint his face on the tennis ball and whack the heck out of it. Cheap therapy, you even get three in a can so you can whack someone else.

Way to not turn to El Chocolate the diet killer.

SueAnne said...

Oh Lisa, Way to go!