Thursday, May 18, 2006

The next step....

After my cry out for help I took everyone's advice (By the way THANK YOU!) I wrote a contract to myself saying that I was committed and that I was going to feel my feelings. I had a wonderful week with food and I felt my feelings so I wouldn't eat emotional. I went to the gym three times including weights and drank a lot of water. I was so very proud of myself for doing everything right. I knew I lost weight. So I step on the scale and I gained weight! After this I really wanted to give up and eat everything that I had missed eating. But I thought about it and made a doctors appointment. I really think something else is going on with me. So we will see.

On a different note....I was offered a job promotion with Jenny Craig. It's closer to home which means A LOT to me being that gas is $3.20 a gallon and going up. It's also 3 weekends off a month. YEAH!

I hope everyone has fun on Saturday!

2 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Good job, Corrie! You know, even though you really worked hard this week, the weight gain could be showing up from the previous week. Sometimes it takes our bodies awhile to catch up. Keep at it, especially with the water and excersize, and I know you will see a difference.

Good move on the doctor appointment. Always a good idea.

And hey, are you writing your food down? Do you journal?

Jules

Lisa said...

Corrie,

My stick figure of a cousin (she complains that after her baby she only got back to a size 2 - if I didn't love her so much I'd hate her) just started working out with a personal trainer and she lost four pounds of fat (where was she keeping it?) and gained five pounds of muscle - for a net gain. I bet that's what you're doing - going to the gym after a while will build up muscle so you may gain weight for a little while even as you get leaner.

Just keep it up. You know the formula for losing weight: eat healthy and get enough exercise. The ingredient that most people forget, however, is patience. Your hard work will catch up with you eventually but it doesn't happen overnight.