Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Four tenths

There was a time when this small number would mean absolutely nothing to me. It is quite miniscule to most people but tonight it was a great accomplishment. You see I spent the weekend with the in-laws and it was stressful. In addition to the stress, there was mounds food.

I looked in my MIL's fridge and saw strawberries and thought great, strawberries, I can eat those but when they were served, they were accompanied by vanilla cake, whipped cream and saturated with sugar. They did not resemble the strawberries that formerly resided in the fridge. There were mushrooms, I can eat those, but when served they were sliced and drowned in butter and salt. New potatoes, yea, new potatoes, mashed to bits and mixed with mayonnaise, eggs and relish.

The good news is that I did not succumb to this food murder. I ate what was good for me and I lost. It was only FOUR TENTHS but a loss is a loss in my book.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey, every little bit helps! And the fact that you lost in the face of temptation makes it that much sweeter! I'm proud of you!

SueAnne said...

Food murder! You crack me up! I can't believe you said no to the murdered food! Take that victory sister! You are stacking them up now!
SueAnen

Kristina said...

Way to stick to the plan, girl!! When you are out of your regular routine, it is so much easier to give into temptation. Like we can be, "excused" or something. I'm proud of you!

And hey, you LOST, and didn't gain. That is excellent!

Kristina

Mom2the6Rs said...

I am right there with you, Amy. I have lost a wopping .4 pounds this week, too. Geesh! But the scale is moving in the right direction! Yippeee!

Jules

Chickadeeva said...

Wooohooo! Look how strong you are!