Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Weigh In Tonight

Man this weekend was a doosy. There were hot cookies in the hotel lobby, my favorite Mexican Food restaurant has great chips, Easter lunch was at the Cattleman's Restaurant. Inspite of it all, I managed to lose 2 pounds. Planning ahead was really a good thing. I was ready for the hard stuff and made decisions to eat some things and not some things. I had one cookie instead of 4-5 which I usually would have had. I chose Arroz con Pollo (chicken and rice) instead of Beef Enchiladas and I had green beans with my 5 oz sirloin steak instead of the 10 oz Ribeye with baked potato I use to get.

It is all about decisions. I did not feel deprived. I did not feel left out. It was wonderful to be with my family and to be home. I could feel your prayers of support and it makes all the difference. I am grateful for this group of ladies who support each other in our endeavors because we have all been there.

It was a blessed Easter. Resurrection is about new beginnings. This is my new beginning.

3 comments:

Mom2the6Rs said...

Amy, you did great! As I was reading your post, I was picturing a table set with yummy food, surrounded by beautiful people who loved each other...the cool thing is, that now you aren't consumed by the food you can look above it and focus on what really matters, the family and your time together. If you can imagine us before we chose to get free from food, we would be at the table engrossed in every bite, savoring the food, practically missing the conversation and the people. Now that we have limits and guidelines and hope and control and we realize that making a good choice doesn't feel bad...it actually feels good, we can eat the food we have chosen, and not wallow in it. No emotional wallowing or gluttonous pleasureable wallowing...just eating as we are meant to eat and fellowshiping with those at the table. Isn't that what it is really all about?

Way to go, woman! You are on your way. And do not despise the day of small beginnings...every pound (or quarter pound) counts. Those 2 pounds speak the word "faithful". They speak the word "grace". They speak the word "change".

Jules

SueAnne said...

What do you mean savoring each bite! I was always busy WOLFING food down and even thinking so much about the next bite, I didn't enjoy the current one!

Way to go Athena! I have headed for restaurants countless times with the best of intentions, only to cave. Last time we ate out, we split the plate, so we could enjoy dessert, but it was OVER THE TOP dessert resulting in a week long binge:( But you pulled through in tough circumstances! Way to go!
SueAnne

Kristina said...

Athena,
I'm so proud of the choices you made! And wasn't it liberating? That's how I feel many times when I'm in a social setting. When I see several other people chowing down on whatever they want. I feel empowered when I make the right choice, the healthy choice. And it feels so wonderful to have no regret.
Keep it up girl! And way to go on those two pounds!

Kristina