Friday, April 14, 2006

A Boast and A Recipe

Guess who's wearing her oh-so-cute navy and white Ann Taylor skirt in a size 10 to work today? I don't know whether to be grateful or depressed that everyone thinks its new since I haven't worn since the first month or two I worked at my firm (and I've been here almost two years). I'll settle for grateful at the moment.

Since Easter is Sunday, I set out to come up with some "We ate it, moved it, lost it"-acceptable treat for those of us who have sworn off the chocolate bunnies. Here is what I've come up with (warning: recipe ahead): Dipped Grapes

Take several (or several dozen) large cold grapes with a little bit of the stem left at the top (I like the green grapes but I've had them with red and they're still good), dip just the very bottom of the grape (no more than 1/3 of the way up the grape) in melted white almond bark. Before the bark cools, dust the very bottom with smashed cashews (and I do mean smashed - they have to be pretty much dust so I generally run them through the food processor). Then refrigerate and let the bark harden.

A couple of these are generally enough to satisfy my sweet tooth and they're great to take along to other people's houses. I'll try to take pictures, but I found this recipe and it's just too good not to share. And as far as good for you, they have the chocolate bunnies beat hands down!

I hope each of you has a blessed Easter/Resurrection Sunday/Passover/religious celebration of your choice!

Lisa

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Way to wear thaat cute size 10 skirt Lisa! Isn't wonderful when we can start fitting into some of the things thaat have been hiding out in our closets for too long?

Way to go, and keep it up. : )

Kristina

Mom2the6Rs said...

The grapes sound delicious, Lisa! And they are so classy and exotic at the same time....very high romantic potential, too. Happy Easter.

Jules