Saturday, April 22, 2006

Pizza for supper

We made pizza for supper. This is one of my FAVORITE foods. I worked really hard to make it user friendly. Here are the results. It was delicious. The good thing is that I can make it for lunch or supper anytime I want to since the ingredients are usually on hand. The entire pizza was 7 points. I could have used less cheese and that would have taken it down to 5 points.

My New Pizza

1 Mission Whole Wheat Tortilla
¼ c Pizza Sauce
½ c 2% Mozzarella Cheese
Baby Bella Mushrooms
Diced Green Peppers
Sliced Black Olives
1 t olive oil
Italian Seasoning
Garlic Salt

Optional Turkey Pepperoni adds 2 points

Coat tortilla with olive oil, Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Heat in oven for 3 minutes. Cover with sauce, cheese and veggies. (You might cook the peppers in a skillet to soften them first. They were kinda crunchy.) Bake in oven at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Eat the whole thing.

1 serving is 7 points. (about 350 calories since one point averages to 50 calories.)

5 comments:

Kristina said...

Oh yum! Now this is a pzza that I can eat. : ) Great job on improvizing girlfriend.

Kristina

Mom2the6Rs said...

Yummy, girl! This is what I do for pizza. I buy the Papa Murphy's take and bake Veggie delight pizza. It has 150 calories a slice. Then, I scrape off 3 slices worth of toppings and put them on 2 rice cakes. I figure the toppings are 50% of the calories. So, with two rice cakes at 35 calories apiece, and three toppings at 75 calories apiece, that is 295 calories and a full, happy satisfied ME!

Jules

Amy Witt said...

Pizza on Rice Cakes. Now that is one I had not thought of. May have to give it a try. I usually do Rice cakes with sweet not savory. I have to rethink how else to use them.

Lisa said...

I'm not a pizza fan, but your tortilla pizza sounds great! Since I don't like the crust or too much cheese, this sounds like something right up my alley! Thanks for the idea.

Lisa

Mom2the6Rs said...

With the savory rice cake idea, this one is my favorite:

A rice cake, with dijon or honey mustard, and a couple of really good slices of turkey lunch meat. You could throw on a tomato and a slice of red onion to boot!

Warning about the rice cake, it really changes texture when heated, so I try to avoid this.

Another yummy, savoy thing, is to heat up, on a seperate plate, a small chicken breast with a tablespoon of grated cheese., then put 2 tablespoons of guacamole spread on the rice cake, add the warmed chicken and cheese and top with your favorite salsa. So, so good!

Jules