Thursday, April 13, 2006

New Ticker, Blessed Easter, and some other stuff

I figured out how to put a ticker at the bottom thanks to Kristina. Thank you Kristina. It is a bit depressing letting the fact that I need to loose more than I need to keep be out here in cyberspace.

Happy and Blessed Easter to you all. May you be renewed with the love of Jesus and remember His great gift to us all, eternal life with HIM!!! Halleluah, what a Savior.

This weekend I will be in my hometown, with my family and staying at a hotel (and probably visiting my mother's grave) any one of which could lead to complete emotional eating and total break down. I am trying to plan to take food that I can snack on. I managed to get our dinner reservations for Sunday at a restaurant where you order off the menu instead of an all you can gorge buffet. The candy from the Easter bunny is not what I like and that was very intentional. I have grapes, string cheese, sliced turkey, baked chips, bananas, and cucumbers to snack on.

I love my family there is no doubt but being together makes us all eat too much. My prayer this weekend is to walk in the Spirit and be filled with the Spirit so there is no room for food. I want to take it all in and join in as my children play and love life. I want to hold hands with Honey. I want to cuddle with my sister and whisper under the covers. I want to smell Old Spice on my daddy's neck. I want to be insulted by my big brother. And on top of all of it I will stay on program.

4 comments:

Pink Slippers said...

It sounds like you have some great plans lined up to be successful! You are doing a great job...keep it up and enjoy the company and the make many precious memories this weekend.
Tina

Kristina said...

Athena,
I loved this post. : ) And I love that you have a plan. Weekends and holidays are the easiest to let yourself go. So it's REALLY good that you've got a plan, and that you've got your snacks all planned out.
I'm glad that you were able to add your ticker to the bottom to. I was happy to be of help. We're all in this together, aren't we?
Have a blessed Easter sister!

Kristina

SueAnne said...

Athena,
I too, loved this post. I keep imagining, as I allow the Lord to change me-forever, what freedom there will be. Imagine how full of His Spirit I will be when I stop filling myself with other comforts and actually make room for Him! I realize my false comforts and idols keeps me from living in victory.
Have a blessed weekend! And DON'T give in to condemning thoughts, no matter how your weekend goes! Way to plan ahead! YOU CAN DO IT (Phil 4:13)
SueAnne

Mom2the6Rs said...

I am so proud of you girl...Here is a lovely piece of Charlotte Mason to encourage you:

I am . . . a child of God, a gift to my parents and my country. (My family and friends) I'm a person of great value because God made me.

I can . . . do all things through Christ who strengthens me. God has made me able to do everything required of me. (Even counting points and drinking my water.)

I ought . . . to do my duty to obey God, to submit to my parents and everyone in authority over me, to be of service to others, and to keep myself healthy with proper food and rest so my body is ready to serve. (AMEN!)

I will . . . resolve to keep a watch over my thoughts and choose what's right even if it's not what I want. (Oh my, that is hitting home now, isn't it?)

I love you, girl. Believe it even though we have never met. I feel such a strong connection with you, I have from the moment I read your blog this past year and you were expressing your need to shed the pounds.

Stay strong, my friend. Grab onto the hope that lays before you and give yourself permission to succeed.

He Is Risen
Jules