Sunday, April 09, 2006

My mom is with us now

After 9 1/2 hours in the ER and a gammet of tests, my mom was diagnosed with diverticulitis. Which is several small bags which have formed on the outside of her colon. In addition, one of the bags had an absess that had ruptured. She was having severe abdominal pain. They put her on two different types of antibiotics and a pain killer. She'll be staying with us for a couple of more days. And I'm getting her a primary care physician here in Everett, which we'll be following up with either on Monday or Tuesday. Last December, when she was admitted to Whidbey General hospital, they had misdiagnosed her. In addition to many other things. I'm just happy that I was able to persuade her to come to the hospital over here on the main land, just a few miles from my house. Thank you for your prayers, we really appreciate it.

5 comments:

Pink Slippers said...

Don't ya wish they would have to refund your money if they misdiagnose you? Like a money back guarantee thing? ACK! That makes me crazy, she had to spend all this time suffering with this when she could have already been on the road to getting healthier! Well, now you all know and you can get to work on getting her healthier!! Still praying...

Amy Witt said...

praying for you mother.

Chickadeeva said...

Wow, we are really sorry to hear of her discomfort. We will pray for her rapid restoration and that you have the grace and perfect words to work with her.

Mom2the6Rs said...

So glad she is home with you. Strength and peace to you, Kristina! Remember to keep yourself in the equation, girl. Love that woman back to health.

Oh, and about the doctors, my mom said it well, "there is a reason they call it practicing medicine."

Jules

Bickler3 said...

Oh my Kristina!! I just found out about your Mom!! I am so sorry you are all having to go through this again !!I am prayin for ya !!!