Monday, April 17, 2006

This is how I felt for most of the day yesterday!

Yesterday, on Easter, I really had a terrible attitude about my diet. First of all, I was heavily on my cycle and EVERYTHING was tempting me! I had gotten gormet cinnamin rolls for breakfast, and I'm the one that heated them up and served to everyone. That was awful!!! I had to rinse my hands off, for if I would have licked any of that sugary frosting off of my fingers, I probably would have shoved a whole cinnamin roll in at once, right afterwards.And then there were the pastries that they had out at church. And this is a good one, the minerature peanut butter cups that I loaded the plastic Easter eggs with. Why did I buy my favorite candy? Argh! I really struggled with my attitude. But I knew that if I'd have given in yesterday, I would have totally pigged out. With how emotional I was, and how deprived I was feeling at the time. So, I did not succumb, by the skin of my teeth.
I did allow myself an indulgence on Friday night however. My husband celebrated his 40th Birthday, and I had a yummy piece of cake after dinner. I can't even remember the last time that I had a piece of cake. And I wasn't feeling bad about it. In the past I could have easily had a few pieces... as cake is my favorite things in the whole world to eat. But I stayed in control, and that's really a large part of it, isn't it?
Anyow, I'm not feeling quite so grumpy today. But I'm still HUNGRY.
Day 96: 1,750 calories, 7 glasses of water, workout. ( Willem's Birthday)
Day 97: 1,627 calories, 7 glasses of water
Day 98: 1,509 calories, 7 glasses of water

6 comments:

SueAnne said...

Way to stick it out Kristina! I am proud of you! Next time, though, get candy you don't like:)You've come so far!
SueAnne

Mom2the6Rs said...

Kristina, I can relate to your post,babe. I was smelling sugar all day. It was alluring, but I compromised by allowing myself to have bigger portions than usual. I went to bed feeling notso great about that choice, knowing that it really wasn't worth it in the end. But I also have this false sense of thinking if I eat over for one day, I will wake up in the morning weighing 232 again. Love you. Jules

Pink Slippers said...

Kristina, you did great, stuck to your plan and made it out alive ;) Your doing great and you won't be sorry (as I am sure you already aren't) in the end, you will be proud of your accomplishment. You are doing amazing! So tell me, how good was that cake...what are talking here, chocolate, filling, etc etc LOL!

Chickadeeva said...

Kris - you would have been proud of me yesterday - you'd inspired me to drink WAY more water - which I did yesterday.

As I peed for the eighth time, I was all, DANG. Now I know what everyone was complaining about!

I know my dogs need to be let out often, but I had no idea a healthy body eliminated so much fluid!

Amy Witt said...

I felt like a drunk in a bar yesterday. The smell of steak and sugar was all around.

Congrats for sticking it out on the holiday. I did sucumb to onion rings.

Keep up the great work.

Paige said...

Kristina,
I'm so impressed. I always use holidays as an "excuse" to eat- I loved that you gave yourself a few small options, but still really maintained control! What an inspiration you continue to be...